This could very well have been posted under that thread about using markings that weren't "authentic", 'cause they ain't. I didn't wanna use the Bumble Bee thing and I didn't have as many 32nd 'spares' as I'd thought. So I improvised. Anyhow, it looks passable to me and I'm the only one that matters, right?
I managed to assemble the model with the gear up, even though the instructions made no provisions for such an option. The doors had rather complicated hinge assemblies molded in, so there was no real way to know for sure if they'd fit correctly. I threw caution to the wind and pulled out the razor saw.
For some reason, my pilot didn't wanna scrunch down far enough for the [closed] canopy to sit on the rails, so he's "ridin' the wind" on this flight. And unlike most builds I've seen of this bird, I went easy on the exhaust staining. Didn't wanna take a chance on ruining what was, to me, a satisfactory build.
And for those of you who (and you know who you are), that noticed that the tail wheel should be retracted, there's a good reason for that. Well....at least a reason. AFTER I installed the assembly and closed up the rear fuselage, it became painfully obvious that I should have done that differently. Ok...I messed up (again) - anyway, it's stayin' like it is.
Oh...and if you notice any cat hairs, just ignore 'em - I do. Constructive (or otherwise) comments joyfully accepted.
It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -