Return to Index  

Italeris new Hurricane finished

May 15 2012 at 6:09 PM
Anders  (Login Cpt_Farrel)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 95.204.178.232

So, I went ahead and got myself an Italeri Hurricane and from opening the box to finishing the build it has been mixed feelings all the way. As the pictures show, this kit turns out looking very much like the real thing so in the end I was very happy with it. On the other hand, I can't believe that a mainstream manufacturer releases a brand new kit with such soft details and with such errors as the awful control column. If I was to build another Hurricane, Italeri might still be the best choice but I would want to replace the cockpit, the wheelwell, exhausts, the chin intake and the wheels. I did replace the wheels and the exhausts. Unfortunately the wheels wasn't quite set so I need to redo those. They look a little wonky in some of the pictures...

I used decals from Aviaeology and they worked great!

I also used the new Polyurethane stuff from Vallejo, both their primer which I found excellent, no thinning needed. I also used their polyurethane glosscoat. It's supposed to be used direct from the bottle but I thinned it 50/50 with distilled water and misted it on. Worked really great!

Weathering was done by airbrush, some pigments, silverpencil and an oilwash.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Cpt_Farrel from IP address 95.204.178.232 on May 15, 2012 6:10 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters