Return to Index  

Hasegawa 1/48 RAAF F-18A

June 12 2012 at 4:24 AM

(Login pacificmustang)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 211.27.85.68

Gday All
Apart from a hasegawa eggplane,this is my first for the year, moving and getting a man cave set up have put the brakes on the modelling for the first half of the year
I've been enviously admiring all your builds appearing on these pages, wishing I could get something done too!!
Anyway, this is the Hasegawa 1/48 F18A done up as A21-7 wearing her experimental scheme of overall gunship grey with light grey stencilling as tried during the late 90's to 2001. Another Hornet A21-20 wore overall grey with black stencilling. Not sure why the scheme was not carried through to the fleet, perhaps too conspicuous as they are now trialling our Lead In Fighter hawk127's in the same scheme to try and make them more conspicuous in the sky
As I was keen to get it off the bench, I thought I would leave the weathering alone, apart from a simple panel line wash
An eduard zoom set was used in the cockpit as well as Royale Resin wheels
Decals are a mixture of Afterburner, hawkeye and Aussie Decals, paint is Gunze under Testors Dullcoat
Its let done by that nasty seam under the windscreen and that wonky blade aerial, but she'll do for the time being, thanks, Ryan H for your help with the info
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
Regards
Bruce

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters