Return to Index  

Stay back! I've got a Lindberg kit and I'm not afraid to build it! HAHAHAH!

June 12 2012 at 6:22 PM
Paul  (Login prom8n)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 66.192.59.10

Someone on this forum mentioned this kit not too long ago, and the little voices in my head told me to get one.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Love the old kits, and I like to build 'em once in a while as an escape back to simpler times, a kind of
modeling sorbet between bigger projects.

Here's whatcha get inside: Some genuine imitation plastic, instructions on real paper, and
an actual electric motor...in component part form.

The original issue of this kit was around 1957, and the exciting instructions have an actual picture of the Thompson Trophy (!)
as well as a lifelife photo of the steely-eyed pilot, Commander Duke Windsor!! Who cares if batteries were not included??!! Golly!

And here's the Dukester himself in styrene! Complete with ejection seat! Let's hope he won't have to use that thing! Peachy-keen-a-reeno!

And that's not all: This beauty has retractable landing gear! Removeable jet engine! Working control surfaces!!
And most incredibly awesome of all, "Simulated Jet Sound"!! Wow-wow! I feel faint!
And I haven't even opened up the tube-glue yet!

Next Time: We examine the transplanted brain... I mean, the surface detail. Sorry.

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters