Return to Index  

RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXIX - (pics heavvy)

May 31 2013 at 5:57 AM

Alberto Accumolli  (Login illomucca)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 79.17.67.130

Hi to all my friends,
I'm back here with my RC-135S CobraBall project after quite a long time, but it was a very busy period for me including a lot of garden work

photo IMG_0905.jpg

photo IMG_0902-1.jpg

Just for an idea .
On my modelling workbench I shifted priority from RC-135S to M-50"Bounder" to test a new way to get a good NMF I learned here on H.S. Plastic Pics .

Now I restarted work on RC-135S and with the help of a fellow modeller of the modeling club to which I belong found a way to improuve a lot the appearance of the ramp concrete slabs of the model display base and add some better details .

The pic below comes from International Air Power Journal Vol. 8 and is used here for pictorial reference only:

on a ramp of Shemya AFB - an Autumn day of late seventies/early eighties

photo img009-1_zps635a7e5f.jpg

the previous version

photo CobraBall7BA004.jpg

photo CobraBall7BA002.jpg

photo CobraBall7BA001.jpg

the improuved version with added details including some rain puddles

photo IMG_1175.jpg

photo IMG_1176.jpg

photo IMG_1177.jpg

for sure I'm not a dioramist but this model required an appropriate display base .

Here are some pics of the model almost ready for decalling process (I've already glossed up a section of the black right wing were the red USAF marking will be)

photo IMG_1178.jpg

photo IMG_1179.jpg

photo IMG_1180.jpg

photo IMG_1181.jpg

photo IMG_1182.jpg

photo IMG_1183.jpg

photo IMG_1184.jpg

photo IMG_1186.jpg

photo IMG_1187.jpg

photo IMG_1188.jpg

photo IMG_1189.jpg

photo IMG_1190.jpg

photo IMG_1191.jpg

photo IMG_1192.jpg

photo IMG_1193.jpg

That's all for to-day .

Many thanks for looking and your patience to follow this long WIP .

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters