<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

"BARGE BUSTERS 1943" Diorama - Epilogue - Note: Open the Post Above First, then this one

April 21 2012 at 2:45 PM
  (Login PolishMikeD)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 96.227.2.185

And what became of Barge Busters? Time and tide has taken its toll once again over the years, since the mid 1980s, when I last cleaned it. Layered with dust, some palm trees snapped off at the base, details broken and finish marred in places, the diorama lies derelict in a large cardboard box, awaiting the restoration elves to work their magic. Theres so much dust on the diorama, it looks like either a freak snowstorm has blanketed this tropical isle, or it just got hit by a volcanic dust cloud! These photos taken with a current digital camera do actually show some of the detail better than the recycled 35mm prints in the post above.

Over the years, I even toyed with the idea of prying up both ELCOs and replacing them with newly minted models equipped with all the latest resin and photo-etch available and finished up to my current standards, but I cured myself of this notion, realizing how difficult it would be to remove them with totally screwing up the resin water. Still, a basic restoration would not take that long; and next time, I'll make sure to get a plexi-glass display case (Hello, Grandpas Cases?) to protect it.
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

This message has been edited by PolishMikeD from IP address 96.227.2.185 on Apr 21, 2012 3:44 PM
This message has been edited by PolishMikeD from IP address 96.227.2.185 on Apr 21, 2012 3:42 PM
This message has been edited by PolishMikeD from IP address 96.227.2.185 on Apr 21, 2012 3:41 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Chester
(Login callsign)
HyperScale Forums

Geez. What kind of dust is that !

April 21 2012, 11:01 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login Rattlesden_447th)
HyperScale Forums

So you spent the last 30 years making it a winter scene...

April 22 2012, 2:07 AM 

If you were here in the Northwest you could say it was a tribute to Mt. St Helens eruption in 1980.

Dust it gently and then get a glass cover. Looked at the other post and know how interesting it is under that layer of "New York snow". I think my allergies kicked in just by looking at these shots.

Steve Heeb; Puyallup, WA
In fond memory of Loran B Heeb
"Ol' Scrapiron"
447th BG; Rattlesden England

Respond to this message   

(Login Bravosierra001)
HyperScale Forums

looks more like a volcano erupted on the island and left a layer of ash...

April 22 2012, 1:34 PM 

all over!

Brandon

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - "BARGE BUSTERS 1943" Diorama - Epilogue - Note: Open the Post Above First, then this one
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters