<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

M-ATV Panda 1/35

July 10 2012 at 4:04 PM
Bryan  (Login Vinegaroon3)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 76.14.125.7

This is the first armor model I have finished in many, MANY years.

I have found myself fascinated by the current crop of "MRAP" military vehicles, and plan to build a collection of as many of them as I can find decent kits for (so far this one, the Max-Pro, Buffalo, and Cougar). We'll see how it goes....one thing I can say is that I mixed up a very large bottle full of that weird desert tan color that no one seems to sell a perfect match for.

I thought this M-ATV would be a simple build but it took me a very long time to finish. I tried to restrain myself on the weathering (hard for me) because there are ample internet photos of these vehicles and they always seem to be in very good repair...just dusty at most pretty much. I guess it is the nature of their use in "limited" conflicts, and also because they are still relatively new vehicles. So I tried to make the model look "dusty"...and avoided other weathering. I am satisfied with the result.

Thanks for looking!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login ppalmer)
HyperScale Forums

Very nice Panda n/t

July 10 2012, 4:15 PM 

Respond to this message   
Ginger's Dad
(Login gingersdad)
HyperScale Forums

Looks like you got the color right! nt

July 10 2012, 6:15 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login russ12)
HyperScale Forums

Really nice job on that !! ...

July 11 2012, 8:19 AM 

great weathering

Respond to this message   
JD
(Login jocool)
HyperScale Forums

Nice Work!

July 11 2012, 2:05 PM 

Great model- fantastic detail, and great photography!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - M-ATV Panda 1/35
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters