<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A little (or maybe too much) weathering on my P-51B

September 28 2013 at 8:50 AM
Michael  (Login WildeSau75)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 178.196.27.78

Hi guys,

Some weeks ago I posted pics of my first model - the 1/48 Tamiya P-51B.

I now applied some chalk to mark the panel lines. Guess I have overdone it a bit and could have used a better (darker) chalk color.

But nevertheless I think it makes the model look better.

What do you think?

[linked image]

[linked image]

I am looking forward to work on my next oneĀ“s.

Cheers,
Michael

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Mike Dougherty
(Login Gluehuffer)
HyperScale Forums

Re: A little (or maybe too much) weathering on my P-51B

September 28 2013, 12:55 PM 

Looks OK, kind of looks dusty, like it's in a hot dry climate. The one thing you have to watch for when you want to weather a model, something that is often missed by a lot of modellers, is you have to weather the whole a/c or it just looks odd. In your case those tires would only look right in a rain storm. Overall pretty good work for your first finish.

Ilikepie

Respond to this message   
Michael
(Login WildeSau75)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks Mike...

September 28 2013, 1:06 PM 

appreciate your feedback.

Saw that too with the tires and added some "dirt" as well.

I also reduced the effect a bit and it looks better now.

Looking forward to finish my other models.

Cheers,
Michael

Respond to this message   
Fred Amos
(Login oldpopcorn)
HyperScale Forums

Hmmmm! Just a little bit too much. nt

September 28 2013, 6:18 PM 

vv

Remember...... Happiness can be cured. See me for further details.

Respond to this message   

Red Steve
(Login RedSteve_SDMB)
HyperScale Forums

I think it looks great for your first! Bravo! I would add some exhaust...

September 28 2013, 11:46 PM 

if you could and make the tires a little dirty. After following your posts I was expecting a lot worse from the sound of them yet you pulled if off quite well-and it isn't easy to do! Yes, it may be a little heavy in places but I really like it and think you did a great job! Next model you will know what to do and not to do right? Great job. This is one thing I admire about you is your desire to try something new. Keep it up it as it looks like you are on the path to being a fantastic modeler! Keep experimenting and asking questions too! I'll help when I can!

"My avatar is better than your avatar!"

Respond to this message   

Darren Tamanaha
(Login 940735)
HyperScale Forums

Nice First Model.

September 28 2013, 11:48 PM 

Nice thing about Chalk, is you wash some off with a brush. Its all about if your happy with it, and congratulate you on a Fine Fist Model. Looking fwd to you next one happy.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters