<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Winter War Gladiator (Airfix 1/72)

June 11 2015 at 9:14 AM
felipe ramm  (Login felipe_ramm)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 170.18.1.146

Hi folks!

It has been a while without posting. To chill out the heat for most of you, I created this winter little diorama. Am down under am in the middle of winter, and freezing to death.

This is my second Gloster Gladiator Airfix New Tool, nothing to say about the kit, it's wonderful...but this time the construction/painting process was a nightmare, not because of the kit itself, but for the many mistakes/errors I did during the process, just to mention one, I had to strip bare all the paint job the first time, because I really blunder it with a "free-hand" application of the white stripes.

The kits has a lot of aftermarket goodies: Quickboost machine guns, exhausts, bulkhead, seat, door, control level, compass, nav lights and gun pods; SBS engine; Yahu instrumental panel; JM Models cockpit PE. Decals from the excellent Xtradecal set.

This machine belongs to the Swedish Voluntary Air Force or F 19 that was a Finnish Air Force unit, manned by Swedish volunteers, which operated from Kemi in northern Finland for the last 62 days of the Winter War. The aircraft also came from the Swedish Air Force inventory. Its designation number was taken from the Swedish Air Force which had 18 flying regiments at the time. The designation F 19 has not been used in Sweden. When new regiments were formed they were named F 20, F 21 and F 22.

I am not an expert at all on dioramas, and I know that there are lots of issues with it, but this is one of my first dioramas...so be gentle with it.

Any comment is welcome...cheers!

photo IMGP0981_zps0amtcg5y.jpg

photo IMGP0982_zpsbt6lojcp.jpg

photo IMGP0980_zpsfaevleoc.jpg

photo IMGP0979_zps3nzujmub.jpg

photo IMGP0952_zpstczpj02r.jpg

This message has been edited by felipe_ramm from IP address 170.18.1.135 on Jun 11, 2015 2:46 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Reinhard
(Login Reini78)
HyperScale Forums

not a diorama expert either but that looks very nice

June 11 2015, 1:12 PM 

especially in 1/72

Respond to this message   

Gary Wiley
(Login wiley2770)
HyperScale Forums

Looks very cool! Pun intended. :) Great job. Stay warm. n/t

June 12 2015, 9:40 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

To post an image of your models, you will first need to find somewhere to host your photos on the Internet. Your ISP will often give you a limited amount of free web storage, and other online photo storage is also available.

To post a link or an image, simply type in the URL (web address) of the destination page or image. The URL will appear as a link (for an HTML link) or an image (if you link direct to a .jpg file) when posted. You can use the Preview facility to see how your message looks before posting to Plastic Pix.

Please try to keep image sizes to 800 pixels wide or less, as larger sizes will be too big to fit on many computer screens. Also, file sizes should be kept to around 100kb or less, otherwise download may be very slow.

For Scale Aircraft Modelling questions or discussion, please visit the Plane Talking Discussion Group.

Please note a few points of etiquette. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server and repeat offenders will have their registration cancelled.

free counters