Hope you don't mind some armour.
I recently took out a DML Panther D (the original "Kursk" boxing) which I think I haven't worked on since... I don't know when. Maybe 2005.
I comepletely re-did the weld beads I'd done some years ago while under the delusion that if I re-did them myself they'd look better than the kit seams (which are perfectly adequate), but more of this in a minute. The cupola got an interior courtesy of some Aber PE and scratchbuilding so I'll keep it the way it is. The surfaces also got some rolled plate texture added with Tamiya grey putty, but as none of the photos have good enough resolution to show this effect off very well I'll skip explaining how this was done. As you can see I'm also re-doing the tool stowage brackets with strip styrene as somewhere over the course of time the kit parts went adrift somewhere.
The re-done weld beads, via Tamiya "smooth" two-part epoxy. The ones I did a few years ago, on sober second look, were crap so I 86'ed them. I can see these need a little cleanup, but I'm a lot happier now. I kept some of my original work on the turret as I didn't look too bad; as I said before you can get away with using what's on the kit, although to be correct the ones on the turret roof need re-doing as they're way too recessed and need to be fairly flush with the roof.
The engine deck, source of many details which prompted me to abandon the project in the first place (along with wiring the smoke dischargers, but the less said about them the better) At the time my primary references were Jentz & Doyle's Germany's Panther Tank
and Frontline Illustrations' title on Panthers at Kursk, but the two sources didn't quite mesh as far as details are concrened - for example Panther deliveries to both Pz.Abt. 51 and 52 ended in May 1943, but some vehicles clearly show details which appeared in June. I'm trying for an April '43 build here, so to make a long story short confusion got the better of me. Now I'm pretty much plowing ahead and trusting to luck.
Anyway, the early vent covers are from MIG Productions, the PE is Aber and Lion Roar, and the relevant backdating involves removing the rain guard from around the two engine vent caps and the fuel filler cap. The early 'prong' type of handle for the vent caps were also added. Also barely visible in this photo is the rebuilt hatch stop/lock. At some point I'll bite the bullet and re-do the periscope covers in brass stock for scale thickness. I fancy my chances...