Return to Index  

On my Bench a new 1:1 Assistant - 1/48 Has 109K4 - Chopped up Mk IX Spit - Monogram OS2U

October 25 2011 at 8:42 AM
  (Login thenextbest1)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 124.149.49.170

Kingfisher and AFT Centurion RAAC Mk5/1

Newest on the workbench and looking like a very long term project
1:1 Labradoodle Bella stepping into the gap left by the loss of our previous mate and family member Ebony a Standard Poodle and a hard act to follow.

Photobucket

Hasegawa 109K4

Photobucket

Using the FM Hungary Detail Set resin and photo etch. OOP now - beautifully made and pretty good fit, hope I can do justice to them. Also Meteor/Cutting Edge Spinner / wheels and rudder - Lucky to have been able to get a stash of both FM and Cutting Edge to see me out

Hasegawa Mk IX Spit
Thought Id try something a bit different from the open Cowling - looking to do it on a production trolley like this but not going to try the open Fuel bay and exposed rear instrument panel eyes are a bit too old sad.gif

Photobucket

Photobucket

Started out with the CMK Detail Set but had to chop it up a fair bit hardest part was getting references for the wing spar - greatly assisted by Edgar thanks again mate the Engine bearers were a bit of a challenge ended up being easier in brass but amazing how many angles there are to get right to align the engine - almost ran out of tongue and certainly put a dent in the red wine stash.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Monogram OS2U Kingfisher
Used Cutting Edge Detail sets Cowling /Cockpit and Floats. Been really enjoying this. Again getting reference for some parts of the aircraft has been surprisingly difficult especially the underwing layout of the Flaps and Ailerons in a very pronounced slot which is one of the main problems with the basic kit - thanks again all that helped with my questions esp Vance Keeling,Dana Bell and Mike West for a missing prop

Photobucket

The first cut which had me a bit worried at first but wasn't difficult after a couple of measures

Photobucket

The tape marks where I reckon the correct rear spar position should be

Photobucket

Need to do a lot of thinning to the upper and lower trailing edges to get the Aileron and Flaps sitting right as they actually have a visable slot between them and the upper trailing edge

Photobucket

One down one to go. I still have to figure out how Im going to do the Cove finish between the front of the flap and where the lower rear spar should be
Photobucket

Photobucket

1/35 AFT Centurion Mk5/1 RAAC
My first office out of School using friulmodel tracks which are a lot of fun to put together but look the business and some bits from Accurate Armour and Collectors Brass who have to make the best 30 & 50 cals Ive yet seen.
Photobucket

Respond to this message   
Responses

Posting or replying to messages on Theme Pix requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters