Return to Index  

1/48 Airfix Mirage 2000 B w.i.p.

October 27 2011 at 10:18 PM

Steve Cook  (Login wisco8)
from IP address 99.48.237.52

At this stage I ran into a few problems. This plane is what I call a tail dragger. I had to remove the front display board and fill the nose up with fast grab tacky glue with some bb's embedded. The only problem was finding those bb.s in the mess I accumulated over the past several years,why is it always in the last place you look and you find something,arrrrr!! Anyway, I also found that the inner rear landing gear doors were not made to fit correctly,they should be closed up,according to my reference photos when the aircraft is at rest, I made them almost closed so they look acceptable. I installed the antennas, burner can, and a few other odds and ends to complete this stage. I'm still going to have to install the lower fuel tank,and the canopies. Here are a few more pics from today.
DSC03568.jpg
DSC03569.jpg
DSC03572.jpg
DSC03577.jpg
DSC03582.jpg
DSC03589.jpg
DSC03592.jpg

Respond to this message   
Responses

Posting or replying to messages on Theme Pix requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters