Return to Index  

1/48 Sunderland Who was that masked man?

June 30 2012 at 9:12 AM
Mark Jahsan  (Login jahsboy65)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 24.247.179.25

Here's the before picture:

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

You can see the lip I built up at the rear of the canopy opening.

The canopy itself was a quarter sphere when cut. I tacked down the rear edge with a couple drops of superglue, then went back with some slow set epoxy. It was slightly too small, so I ended up with some gaps along the bottom edge.

Using a toothpick, applied the epoxy which settled into a nice smooth curve where it met the fuselage. Nice building technique, but wrong for accuracy! The Sunderland had a bunch of flat glass panes put together for the greenhouse- and that's what it reminds me of, the old steel and glass greenhouses.

Then the usual filling and sanding:

Somehow, the uglier it gets, the more I like it!

It's taken a loooong time to get here, but I'm just about ready for paint. A little more adjusting to the float struts and I'll get the final coat of primer on, touch up any nicks, and go for it...

Respond to this message   
Responses

Posting or replying to messages on Theme Pix requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters