Return to Index  

Hurricane Hunter almost ready for lipstick.....

July 31 2012 at 1:20 PM

Ghostmech  (Login Ghostmech)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 72.24.220.61

After starting the Italeri 1/72 C-130J I realised it needed a lot of modding and a complete sand/rescribe. This is the first time I've done this (complete rescribe) and it hope not to do it again.. I don't expect most people will appreciate the effort to correct this kit but since it is to be displayed at Keesler, I had to make it right...well, as much as I can with my limited skillz.

This is what it looked like last month after sanding down raised panel lines, lengthening engines and scribe starting....

[linked image]

This is what it looks like today, primed....

First picture has mockups for the homemade decals since no Hurricane Hunters decals exixt that I know of

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Still need to go over it and fix any seams and screw ups that show thru the primer before paint ect...

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Ghostmech from IP address 72.24.220.61 on Jul 31, 2012 5:14 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Posting or replying to messages on Theme Pix requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters