Return to Index  

My fragile modeling ego took a stomping last week, so...

July 31 2012 at 10:32 PM
  (Login pearing)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 174.124.37.61

I dropped what I was working on and got back in the saddle.

Gil Hodges amazing 1/48 scale P-3... Wow! Hope you saw his post. I started mine ( a Tigger Models version of the old ID kit)about 18 months ago... and due to a lack of propre measurements and images let it sit for most of the last year. I was posting here-and even got some 'fan' email asking what had happened... well, I sort of lost interest as I wasn't getting any nearer to a P-3 for the vital measurements I (thought) were needed.

In April I got a suprise visit to Tucson, AZ and made use of some free time to visit the Pima Air Museum and get not only pictures by MEASUREMENTS-with a tape, pencil and paper, and a camera to back it up. Ha... think'in I was going to get back on the P-3. Unfortunately, I washed my notes... Aaargggggg! Back to ignore mode.

Until last week. Wow-someone else has stepped up to the plate-and in a seriously BIG way. Okay, if Gil can do it-so can I! I dug out my washed notes and pieced them together. Not as bad as first appeared-really only a couple of crucial pieces of data missing-I should be able to ask or fudge those. I don't know what direction Gil is going with his, but my Union Air decals await!

So on to the work:

The nose-wheel bay-scratch built today; and it is as acurate as I can get from the images and notes I took.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Progress at last. Need to add more plumbing and clutter to the back of the bay, but I think I need to make the gear first as there are struts that need to be in that clutter aswell.

Cheers

Pat

Respond to this message   
Responses

Posting or replying to messages on Theme Pix requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters