Well I put the fiddly bits on my nice little Otaki kit-I really enjoyed this build and started it way back in 2011!!! Still need to tweak the LG door, add aerial wire, flat coat, and this and that. Also need to do the exhaust staining, maybe some gun staining. Nearly done! Will flat coat after oil dries a day or so. Since my Badger is at Badger getting fixed I used my standby Central Pneumatic airbrush from Harbor Freight for all of this project!! It cost like $20 but is not too shabby- had it for years.
One word of advice on my prop--I painted the yellow using Lifecolor yellow and a little alcohol. I like this paint. HOWEVER: I also had previously painted the prop silver/hairspray/green a few days ago. Well, I peeled off the tamiya tape and -bare metal in many places! Re-shot it green (Tamiya XF-71) and looks fine to me now. Word to the wise-clear coat first THEN paint the yellow!! Live and learn.
Thanks for all your nice comments and support Steve, Martin, Dave, and everyone else!-it really helped drive me to the finish line! (well, almost finished line-lol!)
Started painting in earnest Aug 4 and now it is the 11th! Wow, I really feel like I kicked some butt!