<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Second attempt, P-47D

August 6 2011 at 12:51 PM
  (Login Jacob_P)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 71.167.107.154

I built my first model since childhood and posted my first post here about a year ago. Encouraged by all of you I soon set out to finish my second project a P-47D Bubbletop. But then life happened and since then I got married (among other things) so the short and sweet project took about 8 months before it was finally finished!

Anyways, here it is. The kit is 1/48 Tamiya OOB and the decals are from Eagle Strike American Jabos. The decals are made for the Hasegawa kit so I had to improvise in a few places to make them work.

The model is finished with Alclad Aluminum as base and panels of other Alclad mixes. The glare panel is ModelMaster Faded Olive Drab with some pre-shade. The chipping effect was partially achieved with the salt technique but I didn't dig the result so as finishing touches I went over painted areas with a small piece of coarse sponge and a fine brush.

Overall this was a very fun build. More challenging than my first one but I felt more confident about the process this time around thanks to all of you amazing modelers out there. I bow to you! happy.gif Without this forum I would still be scratching my head over the most basic things so any tips are much appreciated.

Pilot & Unit: 1st Lt. Melvyn Paisley. 390 F.S/366 F.S
Locale & Date: Handorf, Germany May 1945

photo

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
FOX21
(Login jrfox21)
HyperScale Forums

Nicely Done

August 6 2011, 1:21 PM 

Looks sharp

Respond to this message   

(Login Jacob_P)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks!

August 7 2011, 12:52 AM 

Thanks for looking and for the encouragement!

Respond to this message   
Collin
(Login CollinT)
HyperScale Forums

Great Looking 'Bolt'

August 6 2011, 4:32 PM 

Captured it nicely.

Cheers
Collin

Respond to this message   

(Login Jacob_P)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks Collin!

August 7 2011, 12:48 AM 

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
Jacob

Respond to this message   

(Login Jacob_P)
HyperScale Forums

Thanks Collin!

August 7 2011, 12:49 AM 

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
Jacob

Respond to this message   

(Login gerrydoyle)
HyperScale Forums

Lovely job..

August 7 2011, 4:26 AM 

Respond to this message   

(Login Kaibutsu)
HyperScale Forums

That's great! n/t

September 3 2011, 2:47 AM 

Kaibutsu

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Second attempt, P-47D
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Theme Pix requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters