<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

About ready for some paint

November 13 2011 at 5:35 PM

(Login mrcockpit)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 74.96.255.196

Here are two of my latest just for me and not competition models. The first one is a 1/72 Monogram F-105G, and the second is a Frog RF-101C. All I need to do now is mask off the clear areas, paint, decals, and wallah I am done.

Both kits had the panel lines scribed in, the RF-101 has lots of corrections done to it and a scratchbuilt cockpit and cameras. The F-105's fuselage was really screwed up between the front and rear canopies. Really horrible fit on the Monogram kit. Ironically the old Frog kit fit beautifully, but had a lot of short shot areas.

These display stands are my own creation that I have made a silicone mold of and cast them up as needed.

They look tacky now, but will look better when painted.

I did write up a nice little article on F-105's in Vietnam, hopefully Brett will post it someday.

[linked image][linked image]

This message has been edited by mrcockpit from IP address 74.96.255.196 on Nov 13, 2011 5:44 PM
This message has been edited by mrcockpit from IP address 74.96.255.196 on Nov 13, 2011 5:36 PM

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - About ready for some paint
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Theme Pix requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters