<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1/48th AMT/Italeri P-40M

January 1 2012 at 9:23 PM

(Login recce_ship)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 122.58.185.10

Didn't quite make the cut last year, so I'm aiming for 'First of 2012' award.

I began the tandem build (Fisken's P-40K 3060 and P-40M 3072) back in Feb (?). Finished up the P-40K then stalled out.
Time to get a rattle on.
Firsts on this 'un is using the 0.2mm AB for thin fading, oil 'filters' and a different approach to worn/chipped paint.
Still a ways to go - tidy some paint 'rash' (yet again), finish the panel wash, find another fin flash and add minor decals.
Poor thing's been in the wars, so to speak. Applying artist's acrylics for panel washes meant some fairly industrial scrubbing. Almost done, though, with final paint touch-up and flat coat around the corner.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Now humidity's up around 95% and kills the enthusiasm for most of the afternoon. Good thing I can work into the wee hours.

Regards

Ross

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

John Healy
(Login J.Healy)
HyperScale Forums

Looks great, Love those AMT P-40s.

January 1 2012, 10:20 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   

(Login nametaken)
HyperScale Forums

I am a fan of the AMT P-40 family as well. Your is great!

January 2 2012, 2:11 PM 

Nice work.

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 1/48th AMT/Italeri P-40M
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Theme Pix requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters