<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.XVI

June 30 2012 at 8:24 AM
  (Login wilde_sau)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 67.105.3.130

So I couldn't hold off any longer and started throwing this beauty together. This is my personal favorite Mark, and I prefer it with the rounded wing tips. I have chosen to close the cowlings so will not be using a lot of the engine detail, and will use the Lifelike decals for the "Speed Silver" version.
It's not perfect but I'm having fun!
Cheers,
Geoff

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login neoteepo)
HyperScale Forums

Going to be a looker I'm shure. A question if I may.....

June 30 2012, 11:04 AM 

were there any low-back Mk.XVIs with full wings? I was under the impression that they all had clipped wings but it is a question I've been meaning to ask since I am considering a 1/48 Mk.XVI myself and wanted full wings if possible. Thanks and good luck with your project. cheers, LL

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

Respond to this message   
Geoff
(Login wilde_sau)
HyperScale Forums

Without my references at hand...

July 1 2012, 9:08 AM 

I believe you are correct. The Mk.XVI was designed for low altitude use and operationaly the clipped wings gave it better maneuverability. I'm thinking not until post war did any receive the rounded tips, and even then it may have been after these types were picked up by private owners.
The version I intend to recreate, TD248, had been a gate guard for some years then bought by BAC Aviation and given the rounded tips. I'm sure there are others that can give you a better and more concise answer than mine so I hope someone else will chime in here and correct me if I am wrong! I have been known to be at error from time to time(just ask my wife!!).
Cheers,
Geoff

Respond to this message   

(Login neoteepo)
HyperScale Forums

thanks! cheers, LL, nt

July 1 2012, 3:57 PM 

lkj;lk

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk.XVI
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Theme Pix requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters