Volver al foro  

Academy Texan............and more pics.........

August 10 2008 at 6:48 AM
No score for this post
Juan Millan  (no login)

Response to Texans

..the Texans modelers has a big problem. I explain, except the Old and nice Monogram in 1/48..the rest of texan available are type G . Monogram was a D.

It is posible to build a D just painted additional frames on the transparent part--but this this is not an early Texan. There are more differences such the bulb on the right side just in front of the pilot face. This was for a gun. Check my Colombian Texan...evern the span has differnt size.

So an early Texan just looks such the real thing but just looks....it is not enough.......

The Academy kit is an upgraded copy of the old Heller kit (now packed by Revell and Airfix)is a nice kit , always worth but has not the "rugby ball" ADF antenna. It has another ADF cover..smaller that you can see on a Israel and Portugal Texan...

More Texans...

Norway.

A cuple of spanish Texans.

This one will come soon..the third spanish texan decoration.....

The spanish modelers build ussually the same....Luftwaffe etc...not me I am really a strange modeller because I am involved in models kits from 1960.
I am an old man, 61 years old. This is the reason of my 1000 built planes..also I am retired after a long proffesional life "smelling" plane fuel..my job was in Iberia.

The Spanish Fury .During the Spanish civil war.

Bonus pack of a beatiful spanish republican multiengines...

Two different versions of the Dragon Rapide.

Sure I built so many multiengines.......right now I am finishing an forur engines Piaggio 108B, on my "work shop" is under works progress the splendid Petlyakov Pe-8 from Zvezda one of the best kit I ever built,I am starting the new Airfix Ninrod, an argentinian C-130, an old Matchbox H.P.Victor and a SAR version od the Boeing B-17....and more.........

I live on a country side and I have a penthouse full of planes, fourteen square meters of wall...covered of colourful planes.

Some Argentinian...multiengines...one of my favorites plane..the Douglas Dc-3/C-47.

And finally my favourite multiengine..........

This is a "what if", an Antonov An-12 in the six days war, under ONU "umbrella"..Spanish Republic, Franco´s was not the winner on the spanish civil war..and Spain was a republic and the history could be different.

Sure, I will adopt yugoslavian decals......I am very interested in it, also a resin models.

O/T time......

My hungary contact(Lajos)lives currently on Frankfurt..thanks to you we have a new contact....I can claim that undoubtly...we will met in Budapest.

I change my tonge position on Standye, regarding the Zara Affair...

My very first contact with Magyar people was in the seventies and was a MALEV Tu-154´s captain...that speak perfect spanish learned in Cuba. I missed the contact.

I think that your wife has to explain you,.,,what means..."Pagar el pato", to pay the duck..it is refered as many times some people "eat" the duck but not pay for...and in case of Serbia if you are not serbian and really "informed", you can think that the serbian people are the "movie´s worst and the ugly..."

Knowledge is power.......

A Big Hug.

Juan

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on AviationCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement