<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Volver al foro  

Argentinean Corsairs (Grey ones)

August 9 2008 at 2:18 PM
No score for this post

Milos Gazdic  (Acceso MiskoPisko)

Dear fellow modelers,

I am slowly planning one of my next models: F4U-5 Corsair in the markings of Argentina.

I would like to do Light Gull Grey / White machine and I am wondering if you can suggest some online, (available) book or magazine references which I can buy or eventually proved me with some scans that could help me do the most precise work on the machines when it comes to camouflage and details regarding it (I am not extra interested in small details like eventual cockpit differences compared to US machines and so on since my main interest is camouflage).

I am sorry for writing in English but I do not speak Spanish. If needed my wife can translate the post once she is back from our homeland Serbia.

If you think you can help - I will be really thankful!
Best regards,
Milos Gazdic aka Misko

PS I was pointed to your forum by CMT Arturo Navarro over on Hyperscale. As he said this is good place to be when it comes to Latin American aviation! Once again for pointer Arturo!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AutorReply

Milos Gazdic
(Acceso MiskoPisko)

Also...

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 2:28 PM 

I have heard abotu the book called "Vought F4U-5, -5N & -5NL Corsair Serie Aeronaval No. 9" by Jorge Nunez Padin
Does anyone know where this book can be acquired and if there are any other books dealing with Central and South American Corsairs (and eventually P-51s).
Regards,
Misko

Martin Lucero
(Acceso Martin_Lucero)

Welcome to the forum Milos.

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 3:10 PM 

You´re in the right place.All that I can offer to you by now is this interesting link,with a brief story of the Corsair service in this part of the world (it´s in english).
http://www.choiquehobbies.com.ar/revista01/ingles/rev/corsairarge.htm
I´ll translate your post asking for information,surely some else will be of more help than me.Best regards:

Martin

Milos Gazdic
(no login)

Thanks!

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 4:08 PM 

Hello Martin,
Thanks a lot for the help, translation and for pointing the web article.
It does help with some details regarding the markings and camo scheme of F4U-5s which I want to model.
Best regards,
Misko

Martin Lucero
(Acceso Martin_Lucero)

You´re welcome Milos,we are here ...

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 4:22 PM 

...to help,if you need something else,please,just ask.I would like to know which kit and scale you´ll use to make the Corsair.This is the link to the Aerocalcas site,if you´re interested:
http://www.aerocalcas.com/
Best regards:

Martin

Milos Gazdic
(no login)

Model...

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 4:42 PM 

I will be working with Hasegawa F4U-5.
I have just ordered the AeroCalcas Decals few days ago from Australia and I hope they will be here in few days.
I have heard of some Condor Decals just few minutes ago so I might be ordering them too!
Best regards,
Misko

Martin Lucero
(Acceso Martin_Lucero)

Amigos foreros...

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 4:03 PM 

...,el amigo modelista Milos esta buscando informacion sobre los Corsarios argentinos pues su intencion es relizar una maqueta de uno de los "grises".Lo que le interesa es datos en lo que respecta a los colores,libros,sitios o algo que tengan escaneado del Corsario.No le interesan mucho lo detalles chicos o las puequeñas diferencias con los originales norteamericanos.Tambien quiere saber como puede adquirir el libro de Padin referente a este tema.
Seria muy bueno ayudarlo,pues siendo serbio,esta interesado en uno de los aviones que presto servicio en nuestra Armada.Desde ya,gracias a todos:

Martin

Juan Millan
(no login)

Wellcome home, Milos.

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 4:59 PM 

You are right,there is a Book regarding this matter.

Here it is, front and back pages.

Following decals available on Aerocalcas (made in argentina ) top quality decals.

http://www.aerocalcas.com/index.htm

You may need the sets as follow:

48004 Corsair "diurnal" gray finish.
72008 Corsair "diurnal" gray finish.

Sets available in both scales, 48 and 72.

This is a sampler of my own set instructions in 1/72. take note that the colour information regarding the "flag blue colour is not right" you have to mix Humbrol Number 47 and 48 50% each.

Also it seems that the cockpit interior was not the typical US green, after overhaul usually the argentinian Navy planes paint the cockpit in a light gull gray.

I reccomended both, the book and the decal set. You can buy trough friends in Buenos Aires at good price, contact them on:

pabloziegler@yahoo.com.ar

or

javier.planells@gmail.com

Javier is very interested in yugoslav planes, you may help him also.

Both speak english.

The second matter of your thread: Latin american planes.

I reccomended the following forums.

http://www.alaschapinas.com/

http://www.ipmsuruguay.com/

http://www.ipmsbogotaar.net/

http://www.laahs.com/artman/publish/article_203.shtml

An important book with nice photos and profiles but not quite enough information regarding modellers problems and very, very expensive.

On sale in the international market, the link of the publishers as follow:

www.hikokiwarplanes.com

Do not hesitate to contact again for any querie you may need.

Greetings from Spain.

Juan

PS: Arturo has noticed me via phone regarding your questions, Arturo is a very good friend of mine.

Milos Gazdic
(no login)

woow :)

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 6:04 PM 

Hola Juan!

My wife used to live in Spain for 6-7 years until 2 weeks ago. She moved to live with me in Budapest now. She was 4 years in Madrid and than almost 3 in La Coruña working as a fashion designer in Zara. I just went there about a month ago to help her move... I hope my visits to Spain will not stop there since we have friends there

Thank you for such a great post!

Also thank to Arturo for all the help and notice to you It's nice to see all the helpful people around!!! I was absent from Aviation forums for long time and I'm just learning again all the things about them (how many great guys and how many bad guys are around ))

Please note that I have ordered as I've wrote in previous msg - AeorCalcas decals (from Australia ) so I guess it will take them some time to arrive. I have also ordered the Serie Aeronaval 18 book about Corsairs! it was 15$ from US. Found it and ordered just about 1h ago. What you have posted here - looks good!

3-A-213 on that back cover looks very interesting. If I am not mistaken the engine cover is blue? That's like a nice detail. Problem for me is that I am not good in scratch-building so I will need to find out resin antenna or radar or whatever black it is on the spine of the aircraft. Do you know if anyone is making it in 1/48 scale? I will be doing my Corsair (as all of them) in 1/48 scale (though I model all scales!) It is also good to know about the cockpit color!! Thanks!

Thanks for the links!

I used to visit http://www.laahs.com/ a lot before!!! Many great guys and great camouflages discussed (Only problem for me used to be small size of the photos posted there )

And yes - I do have Latin American Air Wars book! I love it simply

Best regards from Budapest, Hungary!
Misko

Juan Millan
(no login)

ADF Antenna........

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 6:46 PM 

..It is worth if you use from other kits....it is the typical ADF multidirectional antenna used in many planes around the world, this "rugby" ball is included in many kits. let me think in 1/48,..possibly on a Italeri Texan (ex-Occidental) and later on you can use the kit for instance to build a beatiful argentinian Navy SNJ that bnot used this antenna.

Argentinian "armada" SNJ´s information on request....

You have my mail, it will be plesaure to met you in spain. I live near Madrid.

Congratulations to your wife to live in La Coruña, a splendid city with human size, but....remember to your wife that "keep away" of the "senda de los elefantes" (elephant paths) than means in spanish unformal talking such...a dangerous street because you would be drunken very soon if you use the hundreds of bar there......it is a joke.

The second congratulations to your wife is the fact that Zara is the healthiest bussiness in Spain. I am sure that my wife must not know it because she would be wants to talk with your wife.....sure...and soon.
I maintain my tongue in OFF pòsition.

I understand your opinion about modellers forum, the Arturo and myself experience in "spanish forums" are no quite "nice", in fact this is an argentinian forum...and I feel at home.

The LAAHS forum is in hands opf an american gentleman Mister Gary Kuhn but there are another persons there...the size of the photograph is in order for nou used by publisher.

Do not hesitate to ask in Alas Chapinas, a Guatemala forum and you will compare how friendly is my friend Gosthpilot, the forum´s owner.

Also in Bogota forum you can ask the Doctor Orlando Rueda, "one great of the greatest" modeler.

In Uruguay you can ask to ALFA TANGO that often write here. Mauro also produce very special products in resin in the latin american matter.

As you know the spanish heritage with the blood mixture of americans, gives across the centuries a funy,open and friendly people.

The south exist too.........!!!!

Said hello to the wondeful city of Budapest and drink thinking in us a good Tokai wine.

Greetings.

Juan

Next time when you need latinmerican products, there are cheapers places to buy, do not hesitate the e-mails I gave you.

Milos Gazdic
(Acceso MiskoPisko)

I am learning something new every day... :)

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 7:15 PM 

Hello again!
I have learned now what is ADF Antenna
I have old Occidental kit and two Italery packs of the same kit.
I am planning YuAF machine and Portugeese one with the strange black "shark mouth" + I have one extra for something that might pop up and inspire me! There are 100s of interesting schemes for Texans!
Regarding forums - it is just like life - there are people and there are human (I don't know how to translate the saying from Serbian) but I hope you understand what I mean
Problem with LAAHS photos is that they cannot be used as a source for modelers at all. Simple water-stamp could be a solution so they could be of higher resolution.
Can you tell me if there islist of the products from Alfa Tango? or Website maybe?
I'll keep in mind the emails for future orders from the SOUTH
Cheers,
Misko

OFF TOPIC (sorry if it is against the rules)
If you happen to visit Hungary - feel free to contact me - You can always be my guest (if you don't mind that )
As I have noticed in last one year Budapest is VERY popular among Spaniards!!! There are always hundreds of them here in the city!
Regarding sweet wines I have to say that my favorite comes from Cyprus and is called St. John (Commandaria)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commandaria

Regarding A Coruña - it was amazing city to live in. I always enjoyed visiting it and really being able to CHILL there. It always gave me that feeling. I am a bit sad that I didn't explore Galicia bit more but this last time, during my visit we did do a round trip around it and I fell in love with it!! (If you have FaceBook you can see some of the photos from that trip on my FB account page). Regarding bars and tapas and mariscos (forgive me my spelling) in Coruña - I guess I know what you are talking about

Regarding Zara - it IS probably healthiest business in Spain but it's nice to know both sides of the coin But it ain't bad as sometimes you can hear the gossips Funny thing about Jelena is that her face was featured on more than 10 Zara T-shirts in last 3 years. Graphic designers that used to make them loved putting her there... so if your wife has a tee with a girl with a big nose (Jelena should not be reading this forum) you know whom I am talking about

Juan Millan
(no login)

.Many , many texans.........Some of them.........

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 8:12 PM 

Thanks that the forum´s owner, a Romanian-Argentinian...good friend of mine, we can use off topics we wants.........

But before we talk about planes....ok??

The "rugby ball" is only a cover of the ADF antenna......so, I will show you some of my 22 Texan collection. all in 1/72......Heller and Academy.

Armada -Argentina SNJ

Chile - AT-6G

Uruguay - AT-6G

Paraguay - Ara zunu, aerobatic team.

Peru

Colombia

Honduras

Nicaragua

More will come..................Portuguese with mouth until 22 ...

I NEED AN INMEDIATE BRIEFING REGARDING YUGOSLAV TEXANS.........

Serbia......what can I tell you, talking frankly..." You pay the duck", a spanish proverb that means that offen the blame can from each other...

No more OFF topic......

Is for you.......

An beatifull Yugoslav Fury with the "Kosobo Cross", I know that Kosovo was the origin of the serbian nation...what can I tell you.........

An finally, as a gift to you in your current home.......The Maggyar Country.

Dornier 215

..Magyar Királyi Honvéd Légierö.....

Thank you very much for your kind and friendly offer, w threated to visit some time in the future to the Maggyar country, you can put on cold some Balaton wines, less sweet than Tokai.

You are invited also with us on the contryside near Madrid. You can taste good wines and more than 1000 model planes.

Good night.

Juan

Milos Gazdic
(Acceso MiskoPisko)

Texans

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 10:09 PM 

Hello Juan!
I am glad that we can keep the posts a bit off topic here on the forum... variety makes the life interesting - doesn't it?
I have checked the Texan models in 1/48 scale and I can tell you that you've been right There is ADF antenna >cover< inside
What is your opinion about Academy Texan - is it any good?

Armada -Argentina SNJ - nice because of that red cowling. Chilean, Uruguayan, Peruvian, Honduras, Colombian and Nicaraguan are nice when placed together in one BIG collection since all of them have so distinctive schemes! I love doing that. My problem is that I am not as fast as you so I can never build that many models If I understood right - 1000???? MAN!

But the best of them is that one from Paraguay - Ara zunu from an aerobatic team. Even I seem tempted to build it

Regarding Yugoslav Texans... hmmm... To be honest I don't have on my hand too much on them but in a week or two I will be able to provide you with more info. But I can send you the decals in 1/72 for them if you want?

It seems that all the people from the Iberian Peninsula love Furies! I have resin ones in 1/72 scale made by a guy in Croatia but since than there were some new ones in plastic made by ICM or someone like that but I don't remember whom (I don't follow 1/72 scale that much any more since it makes me spend too much money )
If you wish to build some more - let me know - I have decals for them too made by my friends from LiftHere!

And I can also see that you build multi engined aircraft too. I don't do that often (did some 262s but that was it )
If you come to Hungary - we can organize much more than wine and I don't mean beer

And I will have to ask Jelena when she comes back home tomorrow what that "you pay the duck" means!
Regards,
Misko

Juan Millan
(no login)

Academy Texan............and more pics.........

No score for this post
August 10 2008, 6:48 AM 

..the Texans modelers has a big problem. I explain, except the Old and nice Monogram in 1/48..the rest of texan available are type G . Monogram was a D.

It is posible to build a D just painted additional frames on the transparent part--but this this is not an early Texan. There are more differences such the bulb on the right side just in front of the pilot face. This was for a gun. Check my Colombian Texan...evern the span has differnt size.

So an early Texan just looks such the real thing but just looks....it is not enough.......

The Academy kit is an upgraded copy of the old Heller kit (now packed by Revell and Airfix)is a nice kit , always worth but has not the "rugby ball" ADF antenna. It has another ADF cover..smaller that you can see on a Israel and Portugal Texan...

More Texans...

Norway.

A cuple of spanish Texans.

This one will come soon..the third spanish texan decoration.....

The spanish modelers build ussually the same....Luftwaffe etc...not me I am really a strange modeller because I am involved in models kits from 1960.
I am an old man, 61 years old. This is the reason of my 1000 built planes..also I am retired after a long proffesional life "smelling" plane fuel..my job was in Iberia.

The Spanish Fury .During the Spanish civil war.

Bonus pack of a beatiful spanish republican multiengines...

Two different versions of the Dragon Rapide.

Sure I built so many multiengines.......right now I am finishing an forur engines Piaggio 108B, on my "work shop" is under works progress the splendid Petlyakov Pe-8 from Zvezda one of the best kit I ever built,I am starting the new Airfix Ninrod, an argentinian C-130, an old Matchbox H.P.Victor and a SAR version od the Boeing B-17....and more.........

I live on a country side and I have a penthouse full of planes, fourteen square meters of wall...covered of colourful planes.

Some Argentinian...multiengines...one of my favorites plane..the Douglas Dc-3/C-47.

And finally my favourite multiengine..........

This is a "what if", an Antonov An-12 in the six days war, under ONU "umbrella"..Spanish Republic, Franco´s was not the winner on the spanish civil war..and Spain was a republic and the history could be different.

Sure, I will adopt yugoslavian decals......I am very interested in it, also a resin models.

O/T time......

My hungary contact(Lajos)lives currently on Frankfurt..thanks to you we have a new contact....I can claim that undoubtly...we will met in Budapest.

I change my tonge position on Standye, regarding the Zara Affair...

My very first contact with Magyar people was in the seventies and was a MALEV Tu-154´s captain...that speak perfect spanish learned in Cuba. I missed the contact.

I think that your wife has to explain you,.,,what means..."Pagar el pato", to pay the duck..it is refered as many times some people "eat" the duck but not pay for...and in case of Serbia if you are not serbian and really "informed", you can think that the serbian people are the "movie´s worst and the ugly..."

Knowledge is power.......

A Big Hug.

Juan

Juan Millan
(no login)

Condor Decals fgrom Argentina

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 5:11 PM 

You have to look the web site:

http://www.condordecals.com.ar/condordecals/home.php

An interesting subjets regarding latin american planes.

Top quality decals also but I prefer Aerocalcas for a better resuls on a small details.

Best regards.

Juan

Milos Gazdic
(no login)

Decals...

No score for this post
August 9 2008, 5:48 PM 

Hello
I have just checked Condor Decals' website about 30' min ago. I found some really cool decals for me and I will be ordering as soon as planned F4U decals will be available. I will than have both decal sets (AeroCalcas and Condor) and will be able to choose better ones and I guess the aircraft for which I will have more details and information.
Cheers,
Misko

Martin Lucero
(Acceso Martin_Lucero)

Milos,please keep us...

No score for this post
August 10 2008, 2:40 PM 

...posted as soon as you start working on the Hasegawa F4U-5,very good kit by the way.Best regards.

Martin

Milos Gazdic
(Acceso MiskoPisko)

I hope...

No score for this post
August 12 2008, 10:51 AM 

Hello,
I hope I will start doing the model in about a month.
Misko

Martin Lucero
(Acceso Martin_Lucero)

Photo of 3-A-213

No score for this post
August 10 2008, 2:51 PM 

[IMG][/IMG]
There´s another photo of this bird with the replacement blue engine cover,as shown in the profile in Juan Millan post.If you interested,I can scan it for you.Best regards:

Martin

Milos Gazdic
(Acceso MiskoPisko)

I think I have decided...

No score for this post
August 12 2008, 10:55 AM 

Hello Martin,
I think I have definitely made a decision! I will be modeling 3-A-213 with blue cowl!
I have heard that Hasegawa model sometimes has small fit issues with the engine cowl but I guess it's nothing that cannot be fixed. I will not be modeling my model with folded wings since I already have one Corsair done like that and for me thats enough since I prefer to see aircraft in their "flying shape" (even with canopy closed) and for sure with no open panels... My biggest interest being camouflage itself
And as for the photos - let me see what will be there in the book that I have ordered and than if I am missing something i will shout and I am loud kinda person
Regards,
Misko

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Volver al foro  
Find more forums on AviationCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement