.22 Supreme barrel still smoky after 200 shots?July 31 2006 at 12:33 AM
|DirtyApe (Login DirtyApe)|
As a couple of you know, I received my Shadow Supreme on Friday. beautiful, nice solid feeling gun. Little issue with the scope that came with it, but I am very pleased with it.
Anyway, I've got about 125 shots through it now, using the only thing locally available (Daisy Max precision flat-nose), until a trip to Evansville, IN. today to a Dick's sporting goods. All I could find there was some Copperhead hunting .22 cal. I got those (only 175 for 2.99).
Anyway, after firing about 200 of the Daisy, I'm still seeing a puff of gray smoke from the barrel as it fires, and if I blow lightly through the barrel I get a pretty sizeable puff of smoke (gray also). I can't see light through it after most shots.
I'm not getting a 'bang' or anything , just the BAM noise when it fires.
How much longer should I expect to see this upon firing and in the barrel afterwards?
|This message has been edited by DirtyApe on Jul 31, 2006 1:25 AM|
- Did you clean the barrel first? - Pennsylvania Pistolero on Jul 31, 2006, 8:10 AM
- barrel - DirtyApe on Jul 31, 2006, 10:06 AM
- Re: .22 Supreme barrel still smoky after 200 shots? - Randy on Jul 31, 2006, 10:40 AM
- You really do need to get some heavier pellets to break that gun in. Daisy - Ken Fawcett on Jul 31, 2006, 10:43 AM
- I've found Daisy pellets make all my springers smoke....... - Liam on Aug 1, 2006, 5:35 PM