Return to Index  

Wouldn't a rifle be a better choice than a shotgun for Coyotes.

September 4 2006 at 12:43 PM
Garrett  (Login gmany)
YFOT

Response to Yeah i need to buy a shotgun....

muchless a spring powered shotgun that just might be able to kill sparrows at 20yds.

Seriously, for coyotes, I'd get my hands on a .30-06 or a .243 or something with power and good accuracy. I suppose in theory Ken's 1250 in .22 could take a coyote w/ a neck shot at 100yds, but you could also kill intruders to your home w/ a crosman 1377. A smart person wouldn't try either.

If I was in your situation, I'd get a .30-06, which might knock you around quite a bit. They are very available, the ammo is on the cheaper end yet still accurate and there is only 2"(i believe, maybe it's 4") difference from 100 out to 200yds.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.