Return to Index  

A bit confused on lubrication...

September 12 2006 at 1:34 PM
Tim  (Login Caviman2201)

I have a few ideas/facts/opinions floating around in my head from various sources and I'd love for some people to sort them out for me... Thanks in advance...

So... One could deduct that lubricating a pellet and/or barrel would cause a pellet to go faster... This would make a Raptor PBA more accurate (information I read on pyramydair.com's blog saying that if you could get a pellet to go significantly faster than sound, it would gain some accuracy) and also make it so that an S1000-type could shoot something like a Kodiak at 900-1000fps perhaps?

I realize that it is generally regarded as a bad idea to lube anything forward of the spring in a springer due to dieseling/detonation...

I have read that dieseling is not all that bad and that all high-powered air rifles do it... it's detonation that is bad for the gun...

I know they sell "non-flammable" lubrications for guns and I assume these would be the same as "low-flash-point" lubrications... what are these and are they ok to use in the barrel/on the pellet?

I have heard it is not a good idea to oil seals (such as breech seals) due to 1.) some corrosive property that would destroy the seals and 2.) dieseling/detonation issues

Can anyone sort some of these things out for me?

Thanks

GAMO Shadow Sport Combo w/ BSA 3-9x40 Scope & Buck Hunter

Respond to this message   
Responses

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.