Return to Index  

Are you sure it's the scope making the noise?

November 2 2006 at 6:59 PM
  (Login treehunter)

Response to Re: Somebody help him out, please

Oliver, you said you weren't able to remove the scope for lack of proper tools, right? Are you absolutely certain the noise in in the scope? For your sake I hope it's not the scope. I mentioned in a reply to your other post those rings are not up to the task. They appear to be the type that come with a strip of tape in the cap and base to prevent scope slip, if they are indeed those ring I think the scope is toast. The reason is that to stop the scope from slipping the caps need to be tightened to the point that the scope tube is crushed. The added tape means the rings are no longer round in profile, thus deforming the tube. I hope that isn't the case here. The best you can do at this point is obtain the tools needed to remove the scope and shoot the gun with the sights. That will at least tell you it isn't the barrel or ammo. Then take the rings off the scope and see if they have damaged the scope tube and see if the scope is the source of the noise. You may want to take the whole mess back to BassPro and they may do something for you if the damage is a result of them mounting the scope.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.