Return to Index  

Spring Compressor

December 3 2006 at 8:12 PM

Rich. from Mich.  (Login peterdragin)
YF

I have been working on a Spring compressor to sell and this is what it looks like so far.

It's .045 wall Aluminum tubing with 1 1/2 square red maple ends, the screw end is pinned on with 5/16 brass pins and the bottom fixture is also supported with 5/16 in brass pins. The tubes on this one are 24 inches long but I am going to make them a little longer to fit more rifles.
The screw is 7/16 in threaded rod that is tapped into the wood end.

And yes Ken it's plenty strong to do a 1250, I have a hydralic pressure gauge I use to test springs and I put over 250 lbs on it and it didn't break or strip out the threads in the wood.

In the other picture it has a beeman R-7 going back together, and was no problem, with the Nylaron bushing on the end of the screw the spring did not even want to spin as it does with a compressor made with a cut off "C" clamp.

I am still working on the center support for the rifle breach but I need to go to the lumber yard Monday and get a wider chunk of maple. It will have a plastic coated U clamp to hold the reciver from moving around.

I haven't figured out what it will sell for yet till I get costs for the material and machining time, it also will be a kit that you will have to assemble so to keep the cost down.

This message has been edited by peterdragin on Dec 3, 2006 8:18 PM
This message has been edited by peterdragin on Dec 3, 2006 8:16 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.