Return to Index  

Comparable to R-7

February 15 2007 at 12:48 AM

(Login photo22)
YFOT

Response to Any Gamos out there comparable to the R-7?

For a new R-7 you are looking at up to $300. Adding a scope will make it better/fun for Plinking and pesting but that will bring your total cost up more. You can get a Gamo with a scope, or install one your self for less. It will do the job of plinking and pesting and you can save money. The CFX, Shadow 1000 tuned or a Shadow Sport will all do the job for you with scopes. Rich of Mich. can super tune the ones listed and they can out perform the R-7. The R-7's will not do 700fps out of the box. My son has a Shadow Sport stock with a trigger mod. that will do 900+fps and shoot 1/2" groups at 20 an 25 yards. I also have a Tuned Shadow 1000 that will do 1/2" groups at 30yards and 845fps. Both guns are setup with scopes and are less in cost than a scoped R-7. The SCI Hunter Defense Combo is a great deal with the AO scope, but it maybe too loud for your area. A tune can help that.

Super tuned Shadow 1000 with Leapers 3-9x44 and Walter Lothar barrel

Shadow Sport with Rich's trigger mod. and BSA 3-12x44

This message has been edited by photo22 on Feb 15, 2007 2:09 PM
This message has been edited by photo22 on Feb 15, 2007 2:07 PM
This message has been edited by photo22 on Feb 15, 2007 4:57 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.