Return to Index  

How do you guys like the polymer covered barrels on the new Gamos....

June 13 2007 at 3:13 PM
Ivan1  (Login ivans1)
YF

Do you like the newer style breech lock-up, with the cross-pin rather than the angled detent catch? Reason I ask is after a trip to Gander Mtn. recently, I stopped to check out some of the new Gamos and wasn't very impressed with the amount of slop I felt at the barrel pivot. Seems the breech block is also covered with the polymer plastic. I originally thought it was only on the barrel. Doesn't seem like plastic would provide enough firmness in the pivot area of the breech for a good consistent lock-up. Now, this did happen to be on one of the display models for anyone to pick up and play around with, so maybe it was just a little ragged out from abuse. I do kinda like the fluted barrel look, even though it is plastic. TIA for opinions.

This message has been edited by ivans1 on Jun 13, 2007 3:14 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.