Return to Index  

sand bag gun rest better than bipod!

August 19 2008 at 12:43 PM
  (Login waltIII)
YC

Response to Call me crazy..... Bench rest vs. bipod

i can say from my experience that the sand bag style of gun rest works better for me than a bipod. i have a 1377 crossman handgun with the stock extension on and have a clamp on bipod. the bipod legs are plastic and have been resting on wood. the slide and creep while firing was reallt causing crazy groups and i was not sure why. i switched to a bag rest and boom! much much better groups and consistent control. the bipod might work better on grass but im shooting from a table at targets about 20 yards away. i know the gun is not 100 % accurate but if i use rws pellets and the bag rest i can keep 10 shots inside 2 inches! not bad for a old style pump hand gun! try to use a sand bag rest and i think you will find the results much better. as the gun fires it is allowed to move naturally and still is supported for accuracy. i am glad i didnt buy a expensive bipod because i dont use it any more! it is only used as a gun rest so i dont have to lay it down when i get up to change targets. ha ha! hope that helps. happy shooting! walt.

Respond to this message   

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.