Return to Index  

Can't cock my varmint hunter

October 18 2010 at 12:30 PM
Joe  (Login FunkedOut)
YF

Here's the full story:

I put a JM spring and seal in the gun a while ago (maybe 300 shots ago) and was getting around 10fpe.
It was too big a spring for the gun, and I had to cut down the length of the spacer that goes on the rear guide to make it work.
It also had a smaller ID than the OEM spring, so I had to "turn" the rear spring guide and top hat to make them fit.

After a while, the GRTII trigger that had worked sell for 2000 shots prior to changing the spring started acting funny.
It seemed that a few shots would go smooth, then one or two shots would require about 12 pounds of trigger pull to release.

I took it apart last night and saw where the piston had dug into the sear and made a notch for itself. I am guessing the this notch is what caused the increased trigger pull weight. I took some fine sandpaper to smooth out the surface and put it back together. I fired off a dozen shots or so and all was well. Today, I took it outside and found that it will not catch. No matter what I do, I can't get the sear to hold the piston.

If I simply rounded off the sear, it wouldn't have shot fine last night, right?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.