Return to Index  

So I was shooting my BSA/Gamo 177 Dynamax PCP

June 24 2011 at 1:13 AM
Lee545  (Login Lee5.45)
YF12

I read the old article from Tom Gaylord reviewing this rifle in the same caliber before I conducted my own test. My rifle is different than his. He was getting 30 shots before dropping off. I discovered when shooting from a 232 bar fill, that the velocity was much lower than expected. I think this is due to valve lock up. My test pellet was the CP mags at 10.5 grains. The first shot was 820 feet per second. By Shot 15, the FPS steadily climbed to 900 FPS and at its peak would reach 980 FPS. When I finally hit the power curve, I was getting very consistent 950 fps shots plus or minus a fps for 20 shots. This is what I found out about this gun of mine. It performs better at a 200 bar fill than the max 232 fill. At a max fill, I was getting 65 good shots that did not dip under 800 fps. From a 200 bar fill, I was getting 50 good shots that did not go below 800 fps. I hit the power curve much sooner from a 200 bar fill. I shot all the way down to about 1500 PSI before recharging (I used my hill pump to gauge how much air was left in the rifle). I am amazed how many shots I am getting from this air rifle! The tank is not that big either. Very easy air rifle to pump up and nails the 10 ring every time! This BSA in disguise is an absolute bargain! The down side is how much the mags cost and the availability. I'm going to have to suck it up and buy at least one. The one I have is clearly not enough!

Recap
-The Dynamax is a solid PCP
-The Brits know how to build an air rifle
-Shooting stuff is fun!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.