(Login kenatthefarm)
YFOT

to a grooved reciever rail?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Garrett
(Login gmany)
YFOT

Are you asking if the raised rail is made from Aluminum?

August 20 2006, 12:19 AM 

Boy I wouldn't think so. It's under the bed and my wife's already asleep.

I'll let you know tomorrow morning under this posting.

Oh, btw I picked up a Marksman 2004 pistol while on vacation. It's a nice basement plinking pistol, real easy to shoot and accurate.

Respond to this message   

(Login kenatthefarm)
YFOT

Yes, thats part of it. Let me post a couple of pics and you

August 20 2006, 12:40 AM 

can let us know tmo which scope rail looks more like your SCI. Aside from wooden stock there are some other differences between a Royal and regular CFX. The fit and finish is better on the Royal and the load port fits tighter. The rear sights and scope rail are also different.

Regular CFX Scope Rail:

CFX Royal Scope Rail:

Respond to this message   

(Login chperry)

Mine looks like a Royal

August 20 2006, 10:27 AM 

Mine is exactly like the "Royal" pictures. Well, not exactly, I don't have the scope stop yet. Is this a good thing?

Respond to this message   
Garrett
(Login gmany)
YFOT

My standard CFX, built in 04 has the rail that matches the first picture

August 20 2006, 11:35 AM 

So it's like your shadow supreme, not the CFX Royal.
It is however steel, not Aluminum. So it's tough to say whether this is a difference between standard and Royal versions or is it a difference between production runs.

Respond to this message   

(Login kenatthefarm)
YFOT

Thought you had an SCI.-nt

August 20 2006, 11:15 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login peterdragin)
YF

grooved rail

August 20 2006, 12:38 AM 

this must be an 2006 rifle because you are not the first to see this from Gamo, looks like they are useing a standard Shadow breach and adding the aluminum rail to it. last two numbers of the SN should be 06 = 2006 rifle.

Respond to this message   

(Login kenatthefarm)
YFOT

No I think its the Royal frame. My 04 Royal has the same rail and it a lot better

August 20 2006, 12:43 AM 

machined than a S1k.

Respond to this message   
BritVisitor
(Login BritVisitor)

different market, different rail?

August 20 2006, 8:48 AM 

My CFX Royal (16J as sold in Britain) is according to its serial number a "2004" model but its rail is identical to that of the 440, not like shown in the picture.

Respond to this message   

(Login longislandhunter)
YFOT

CF-X Rail

August 20 2006, 9:42 AM 

I ordered and received a new CF-X from Cabelas a couple of weeks ago and mine has the grooved received with the rail installed on top (Kens 2nd picture-Royal Frame?). My rifle also is a 2006 rifle if the last two digits (06) of the serial # do in fact designate the year of production. At first I was concerned that the rail wasn't welded on like all the others I had seen, however after shooting it quite a bit it is still right where it's supposed to be and shows no sign of loosening. I should add that I immediately emailed GAMO to ask about the rail but have yet to get any reply.

Respond to this message   

(Login kenatthefarm)
YFOT

Thats where I got my Royal was Britain also.

August 20 2006, 10:51 AM 

It should say "CFX Royal" on the receiver. It would be way more trouble and expense than its worth for Gamo to use a Shadow receiver tube. CFX tube is longer, holes don't line up- the whole breech end is capped completely differently.

Respond to this message   

(Login BritVisitor)

strange.....

August 20 2006, 11:25 AM 

It's a CFX Royal for sure, Ken, and - just went and double checked - but its rail is identical to that of the 440.

The "regular" CFX rail in your picture looks the same too, apart from that pin.

I do wonder if the trigger unit was deliberately selected to be better on the Royal versions or if it's just luck that the trigger on my CFXr is actually good enough that I wouldn't want to change it, although I'll probably get one of the third-party triggers for my gasram converted 440.

Respond to this message   

(Login kenatthefarm)
YFOT

No, my Royal trigger is also very good. Is your serial number on the barrel or the

August 20 2006, 12:46 PM 

receiver? My Royal has the Sn on the barrel.

Respond to this message   
BritVisitor
(Login BritVisitor)

CFXr serial location

August 20 2006, 4:09 PM 

Top of the barrel. Main number is 186157, would that make it later or earlier in 2004 than yours?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Question for Garrett: Did your SCI CFX come with an alum. rail attached
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.