<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Wally World Shadows

October 15 2006 at 9:55 AM
Joe Hoover  (Login denim1)

I went down to the local Wal-Mart yesterday and was browsing around when I noticed that they had a sale on the Gamo products in the store. There were two (2) Gamo Shadows in .177 marked down from 129.00 to 74.00 bucks. The Gamo pellets were also on sale. Is Wal-Mart dropping the Gamo line.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login kenatthefarm)
YFOT

I have been hearing about these prices and IMO you should have bought

October 15 2006, 11:05 AM 

one at that price. Unfortunately for me, my Walmart sold out of S1ks several months ago. They have replaced them with the Recon and Shadow Sport. So to answer your question: No (at least my Walmart) is still selling Gamo.

Respond to this message   

(Login gdswartz)

Same here at Wally World

October 16 2006, 6:40 AM 

I've been lurking for serverl months, but read this (and other airgun forms) daily.

The Wal-Mart near my house has stop carrying Shadow. I pick one up a few months ago, and was thinking of getting another, but to late now.

However, This week at Wally World a Beeman model 1100 with scope for $124.99 showed up. I did a quick search on the web for Beeman mod 1100 and came up dry. Anybody know any thing about this Beeman.

Glenn

Respond to this message   

(Login kenatthefarm)
YFOT

I'm pretty sure its a Chinese rebadge. Or it could be a Spanish, but

October 16 2006, 10:51 AM 

I think (for my own purposes) you generally pay $75- $100 for the "proud" Beeman label. So whats that leave for metal, wood and workmanship on a $119 gun?

Respond to this message   

(Login Avox)
YC

Found Four

October 16 2006, 3:57 PM 

Been reading the forum for a couple of months and finally signed on. Had seen the posts about the 74 dollar S1Ks at Wally World. The one I usually go to has been out of them so last week went to another store and found four. They were not easy to find. They were placed high up on top of a 7 foot shelf against the back wall. Figured they would not disappear fast back there and went to think about it. Noticed the Beeman 1100 there and did a search and came up dry as well. Figured if Beeman was not showing them on their site they were not proud of them. Went back last Friday and picked up one S1K which left three. Shot it Saturday and chronied the thing with the chrony I recieved Friday and found it shoots about 75 FPS slower than my VH which I believe is about right for just out of the box. Ran another 10 to 20 pellets through it sighting in the sights at about 30 some feet before it bacame too dark. Even in the best of light I had trouble seeing the red dot on the target. So Saturday I sat down and ordered a refurbed BSA scope 3-13X50 for under $40 and with the cost of shipping it will come to $51. Figure after I buy some mounts for it I'll have an effective rifle for around a $130.

Respond to this message   

(Login kenatthefarm)
YFOT

Sounds good. Hope that BSA 3-13x50 has AO. Welcome to the forum, BTW.-nt

October 16 2006, 4:18 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login Avox)
YC

Advertised as so

October 18 2006, 6:51 AM 

Supposed to be. It only focuses down to 10 yards, 7.5 would have been better. Since I posted noticed the product title and product number do not match. Makes me believe it really is a 3-12X50 which is okay with me. Here is the link if anyone is interested; http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=OS&category=371&prodID=OSAR31250AOR
Due in today but it will probably be weeks before mounting it. Thanks for the Welcome and I have enjoyed yours and many of the other posts here. Until 2 months ago I had not shot a springer since 1966.

Respond to this message   

(Login kenatthefarm)
YFOT

Good price. I bought a 3-12x50AO BSA for one of my 1250's. Its a pretty good scope.-nt

October 18 2006, 10:18 PM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Wally World Shadows
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.