<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

NEW !! Gamo Super Tune Kit

October 21 2006 at 7:17 PM

(Login peterdragin)
YF

Have introduced a new tune kit and some other new stuff.

Check it out!
http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/default.htm

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login kenatthefarm)
YFOT

I could not get the button to work, Rich. But the site is looking good.-nt

October 21 2006, 9:21 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login peterdragin)
YF

which button ?? nt

October 21 2006, 11:11 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   

(Login photo22)
YFOT

Now that is just great

October 21 2006, 10:37 PM 

What will this kit work on? and how hard is it to install?

Respond to this message   

Rich. from Mich.
(Login peterdragin)
YF

Kit

October 21 2006, 11:10 PM 

It is made for the gamo shadow series and the hunter series. Not made for the 1250 Gamo.

It will also fit most of thr gamo clones.

Respond to this message   

(Login photo22)
YFOT

OK Rich sounds good, but

October 21 2006, 11:24 PM 

What will this kit do. Will it make the gun faster? Will it make the gun shoot smoother?

Respond to this message   

Rich. from Mich.
(Login peterdragin)
YF

Kit

October 21 2006, 11:37 PM 

The kit will quiet down the rifle and make it smoother shooting.
Will ease up the recoil and stop the twang in the spring, it will cock smoother lock time will be faster.
As far as making it any faster spped wise most of the time yes, but also sometimes it does not increase the speed maybe even lower it a slight bit.

The main thing it does is make the rifle consistant shot to shot. The JM spring I use is a 101 lbs/in spring and the stock spring is 72.7 lbs/in

Respond to this message   

(Login Avox)
YC

Interested with question

October 22 2006, 1:34 AM 

Sent an e-mail to you. Have a question about your kit. Am really new to tune ups and I am assuming you have some instructions with your kits. My question is what does the optional roller bearing thrust assembly do for the tune up? To me the name implies it would smooth out the piston action, but looking at the picture I am not sure how or where. Never taken a springer action apart before so I am jumping into new water.

Respond to this message   

(Login bigbore)
YFOT

During spring compression and release the end of the spring rotates.

October 22 2006, 2:11 PM 

the thrust bearing smoothes/mitigates the associated torquing.

Respond to this message   

(Login Avox)
YC

Thanks Lon

October 23 2006, 3:08 AM 

Yes, have seen this in other applications of compression springs and forgot about it. The reduction of the friction decreases the vibrations induced into the spring helping to reduce some of the twang. Take it the velocity tar is for dampening the vibrations, harmonics, in the spring induced by the abrupt stoppage of the springs expansion.

Respond to this message   

(Login bigbore)
YFOT

Excellent kit Rich.

October 22 2006, 2:21 PM 

Truly a "drop in" with everything needed. This kit addresses the two critical Gamo weaknesses IMO, the spring guide and trigger.

This kit is a must have for a smooth gun. I particularly like the way you are offering it with the spring pre-prepped, you have to have suffered with the aggravation of properly prepping a spring to know just how valuable that is.

Respond to this message   

(Login klickcue)
YF

I agree! - nt

October 22 2006, 10:11 PM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - NEW !! Gamo Super Tune Kit
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.