<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

spring compressor

November 28 2006 at 7:57 PM
threeguns  (Login threeguns)
YC

ha Rich I sent you a e-mail don't know if got it or not yet,can I cet you to make me a spring compressor. Either way thanks .if you can give me a price and get to work on it thanks again Wendell from Mich

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Rich. from Mich.
(Login peterdragin)
YF

spring compressor

November 28 2006, 8:29 PM 

Yes i got it and I'll get back to you.

Respond to this message   

(Login bigbore)
YFOT

Boy, if you could come up with a good one...

November 29 2006, 9:03 AM 

that fits a wide variety of guns for a reasonable price the market is probably pretty good.

Respond to this message   
Mark052
(Login Mark052)

I'll second that!

November 29 2006, 5:29 PM 

My DIY spring compressor for my Gamo's is adequate, but not very versatile. Now that I'm getting into Chinese guns as well I may have to go back to the drawing board.

Respond to this message   

(Login bigbore)
YFOT

Heres one someone made...

November 29 2006, 8:26 PM 

from the "Main" forum:
From an old pait of crutches IIRC, I thought this was great!

Respond to this message   

Rich. from Mich.
(Login peterdragin)
YF

Compressor

November 29 2006, 9:09 PM 

Hey! I like that one made from a crutch, looks easy to build also.

Respond to this message   

(Login bigbore)
YFOT

Rich, I bet you don't even need...

November 30 2006, 6:11 PM 

the far end. I'll bet you could cut one foot off the end as well as that un-neccessary block of wood and it wouldn't make any difference in how well it worked but would cut down on size, material cost and simplify the build. (hint, hint)

Also, I think it needs a strap to hold the barrel in place.

Respond to this message   

Rich. from Mich.
(Login peterdragin)
YF

Compressor

December 1 2006, 1:43 PM 

After looking at this one I have a few ideas.
I know where I can get an almost unlimited supply of 7/8" alumimum tubing, it's .030 wall and would be more than strong to do the job. My buddy also has a load of stainless 7/8" .080 wall tubing also. he sells it to me by the pound and it's only $.50 a lb. for 5 bucks I can get alot of aluminum tubing.

Wood is not to expensive and my dad has a wood shop he can no longer use (he's 91). I think I'll play around with it since there is now 2 inches of snow on the ground and more on the way so outdoor shooting is on hold for awhile.

Keep you posted on what I come up with.

Respond to this message   

(Login fnash)
YC

randy's spring compressor

December 1 2006, 12:54 AM 

Here is a compressor I built from Randy's. He don't seem to be able to be reached for this info. So Here it is and hope you can read it. I built it in about one evening except for the threaded coupler being welded to the plate. It works great and very adjustable. Very little cost if you have some of the materials laying around...FN

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - spring compressor
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.