<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My CFX has been "Riched" -- 40 yard target

March 17 2007 at 8:49 AM

Jock Elliott  (Login airguneditor)

CFXtuned.JPG 

Rich from Mich has romanced by CFX Royal. Above are 5 shots at 40 yards (shot by Rich).

The cocking is now smooth as silk on silk. No creaks or groans, just "snick" at end end when it latches.

The breech opens with a flick of the thumb now and it's easier to load pellets (what the heck does he do to the loading "bowl"?)

The GTX trigger now has a very distinct wall at the beginning of the second stage, and when it breaks, the CFX goes "Twonk!" No longer does it sound like a box of loose parts. Rich also fitted one of his neato muzzle breaks.

With a snowstorm screaming in on us yesterday afternoon, I only got two shots for accuracy before I had to quit. Both went through the same hole at 13 yards (I don't mean sorta the same hole, I mean the SAME hole.)

My brief initial impression is that Rich does very nice work.

You'll be hearing more about this gun when it is sane to shoot again.

Jock Elliott
Airgun writer,
correspondent, Precision Shooting Magazine
http://home.nycap.rr.com/lightkeepercom/

This message has been edited by airguneditor on Mar 18, 2007 6:23 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Premier Login rbva)
YC

He did mine - Magic - now I need to find it's "favorite" pellet.

March 18 2007, 10:41 AM 

He did mine as well, it is like a new / different rifle now. I still have to play with it enough to find the pellets it likes best now. I have found that it does not like CP lites. hehe!

I'm ordering a bunch of different types, so I can start to process...... Anyone have a suggestion on the best "top 5" pellets to start out trying? I'd hate to waste loads of time.

Respond to this message   
jim m
(Login jmmbam)
YFOT

best pellets

March 18 2007, 3:29 PM 

based on what i read here in the past and my own experience i have good luck in my cfx using rws superdomes beeman fts crow magnums and gamo hunters.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login chuckmatlock)
YFOT

mine likes cpl's

March 18 2007, 3:59 PM 

great work again from rich. He must be pretty busy now!

Respond to this message   

(Login MikeEarly)
YC

Re: My CFX has been "Riched" -- 40 yard target

March 24 2007, 3:45 AM 

This sounds like a happy man.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - My CFX has been "Riched" -- 40 yard target
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.