<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Camo Hunter 220...

May 23 2007 at 10:35 AM

Charles  (Login CruelHalo)
YFOT

I bought one for my brother this past weekend for his B-Day. Before passing the gun to him, I sighted the scope at 13 yards and I put a few six-shot strings inside a quarter. Anyway, my initial impressions are a very cool stock, nice BSA 3-9x32 A/O scope, standard Shadow power, no smoke, no diesling, fairly clean, very twangy, less than adequate front and rear plastic sights. Out of the box, this gun was more twangy than my Varmint Stalker (Shadow) and it definitely needs a tune to rid the twang but here's the thing I noticed - the trigger feel, pull and mechanism was surprisingly smooth! Strike that... it was amazingly smooth as butter and I wouldn't change it!!! I will probably get this gun returned to me for a tune after he shoots it for a few weeks and will see what I see when I crack her open. Anyway, I took a few pics to enjoy...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login robot2)
YFOT

220 stock

May 23 2007, 11:08 PM 

Was that a store purchase, or what? I haven't seen a 220 with that stock and with a butt pad on it.

Respond to this message   

Charles
(Login CruelHalo)
YFOT

I bought it...

May 24 2007, 9:07 AM 

at Academy Sports for $125 + tax. It was separated from all of their other air rifles - on a different isle.

Respond to this message   

Matt in the Bayou
(Login nutriahunter)
YFOT

NICE!

May 24 2007, 8:51 AM 

Ya order it? My hunter 220 had the infamous gamo trigger as did my shadow. I wonder if this is something new there doing with the triggers, I would have to tear it down just to see what was going on. Your brother should real happy with it, if not I'm sure it'll have a nice place to stay with you. May be I oughta look into a camo stock for my hunter 220, then camo paint over my cheap bluing.....I smell another project!

Matt

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Camo Hunter 220...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.