<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Pellets for shadow

June 3 2007 at 5:07 PM
Daniel  (Login pestaker)

hi
i want to know what pellets you guys use in yours gamo shadow 1000 .177 for hunting?

thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Charles
(Login CruelHalo)
YFOT

I use only two...

June 3 2007, 5:27 PM 

First choice, JSB Predator and #2 is Gamo Hunter.

Respond to this message   

(Login pneuguy)
GM

Mine likes Crosman Premier Lights. Efficient and a good match...

June 3 2007, 7:41 PM 

...weight-wise to the power of the gun.

Steve

Respond to this message   

(Login longislandhunter)
YFOT

Re: Mine likes Crosman Premier Lights. Efficient and a good match...

June 3 2007, 8:58 PM 

For hunting I primarily use the JSB Predator pellets, however I also have extremely good hunting success with the GAMO tomahawk pellets which are very inexpensive.

Jeff

Respond to this message   

Matt in the Bayou
(Login nutriahunter)
YFOT

Shadow pellet choices.

June 3 2007, 9:55 PM 

JSB exacts(if you can locate them), CPL's(Crosman premier lights) Weihrauch FT's(my new favs) and the cheap Gamo hunters shoot a tight group. When I first started the airgunning scene I wanted a heat seeking tracer pellet that would do 1600 fps. IMO there is no need for a pellet "specialized" in plinging or hunting. As long as you can hit with it, use it. Shot placement is the key when hunting as is when punching paper. As a side note though (my bit of hypocracy for the evening)I do also have a few tins of JSB predators and crow magnums, I can't express the pure joy of watching a tree rat get hit by either of the two.

Matt

This message has been edited by nutriahunter on Jun 3, 2007 10:01 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login Hoo_u33)
YF

If your rifle will shoot them ok the Gamo round balls are nasty

June 4 2007, 10:22 PM 

I shot a ground squirrel with one yesterday and it was nasty.it blew through the little guy but the thing was it acted like I hit it with a hammer.I shot them out of my Quest (basically the same gun). the very first shot with the round ball was at that squirrel after a couple misses I switched back to the new crosman premier super point.(a good pellet) and the wadcutters. But I shot the round balls today at some paper and actually group pretty good. Only reason I tried them was I bought a gamo pellet sampler pack at Dicks and it had a tin of the round balls in it

Respond to this message   
daniel
(Login airgun_hunter)

vc

June 6 2007, 7:21 PM 

hi again, i was wonderind whats the best pellets for the gamo shadow 1000 4,5?gami hunter or crow magnum pellets?for medium distances, its mostly for doves.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Pellets for shadow
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.