It is not to accurate, close but not repeating well, both with or without a scope. I thought it was the scope at first. I am using good pellets, no cheapies.. It gets the pellets in there but think it could be better... Frank
i have the same thing going on with my big cat. 95% of the time its perfectly dead on at 10meters. the other 5% of the time it flies 1-1.5 inches off the group. i've tried all kinds of pellets(rws super and H points,jsb predators, beeman silverstings, beeman crow magnums, crosman sharps, gamo hunters, etc....)and the only ones closest to perfect is the gamo rockets and second is the cphp's.
i think the rifles barrel is too light or something. i can definitely feel the front wanting to wander, even from a bench. i crowned the barrel and it didn't seem to matter.
Exactly what I am talking about.. I guess it is the charater.. Won't take much to put a crown on it, I will give it a try. Don't think it would make it worse. Even a little better would help. Thanks,,, Frank
I worked on my Hunter Sport. I crowned the barrel. Opened it up and everything was dry. The spring was bent. I honed and polished everything and put in another spring I had on hand the same length (10 inch). Put in thrust washers (oillite). Lubed with proper lubes and tar. Results, no twang and don't jump as much. Chrony results were about 50 fps less but the smoothness makes up for that. Shoots about 800 instead of 860 which it was shooting, it does shoot Hunters at 864 fps. It is grouping much better now, quick results were about the size of a quarter at 15 yards. Once I tune in the scope and take more time aiming it should be much better. I will have to see what pellets it likes now.. Frank
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.