<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

maccari parts

November 12 2009 at 1:29 AM
shannon  (Login powdermenot)
YC

hello all, ive searched hi and low 3 or 4 forums trying to find a maccari spring part # for a crosman g1xtreme or similar. all ive found is most gamos use this same action . i think ive found the seal #. the factory spring part # is b18-00-4d. am only looking for stock or slightly smoother performance, not ultra mag scope buster. any help is greatly appreciated

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Lon
(Login bigbore)
YFOT

if you want to smooth it out...

November 12 2009, 1:42 PM 

use the stock spring, they are OK. I use stock springs and seals in my CFX to acheive a "soft tune".

The quality of the firing cycle has nothing to do with the spring, it has to do with tightening up the internal tolerances and proper lubrication.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Chris
(Login C.A.P)

Re: if you want to smooth it out...

November 12 2009, 4:22 PM 

The stock spring is easy to get. Call crosman. They have them and are cheap. I have many springs and one that I think is stock if need be . Let me know !

Respond to this message   
shannon
(Login powdermenot)
YC

i have

November 12 2009, 4:24 PM 

email sent

Respond to this message   

andy
(Login larspawn)
YC

Me thinks...

November 12 2009, 8:25 PM 

G1 is same action as Quest, Summit, Gamos. A Maccari e3650 will give you a smoother shot than the stock spring which I bet if you pulled it apart you would see a kinked spring. I used the e3650 in my Big Cat with excellent results. I think I also used the Small Apex seal.

I also had a few Tarantula springs laying around so I put one in a Quest I'm working on right now. WOW. It took CPLs from 840 stock spring up to 1150 fps with the Tarantula. I will end up shooting CPHs with this thing!

I don't know the exact specs but I do know the Tarantula uses a much bigger diameter wire than the e3650.

Andy

Andy Wong aka larspawn@ameritech.net

Respond to this message   
shannon
(Login powdermenot)
YC

thanks andy

November 12 2009, 11:24 PM 

and to all others i may have couple leads will have to tear it back down

Respond to this message   

Lon
(Login bigbore)
YFOT

I would get a fitted guide...

November 13 2009, 3:15 AM 

if you don't get a properly fitted guide you're going to have a harsh shot cycle no matter what spring and seal you use.

Use the link at the top to contact "Rich in Mich", he'll fix you up with a proper guide. He has a solid reputation and a huge following of happy customers around these forums.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Neil
(Login Kevan1o)
YC

Andy... about Maccari spring

November 21 2009, 11:08 PM 

When using Maccari e3650 spring, do you put spacer as suggested by Maccari?

Respond to this message   

andy
(Login larspawn)
YC

Nope

November 24 2009, 10:52 PM 

I didn't feel a spacer was needed. Here's a pic of 5 shots off hand at 15 yards. I'll hunt up a 20+ yard group comparison of my TX to the BC.

Andhttp://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1259120997.JPG

Andy Wong aka larspawn@ameritech.net

Respond to this message   

Neil
(Login Kevan1o)
YC

Put it all together

December 26 2009, 5:52 PM 

Finally, I have time to put together the new Piston seal, the Maccari e3650 spring, Maccari lube with a touch of dri-slide. Turn a $32 used Gamo Shadow 1k into a quiet and accurate gun.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.