<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

CFX breech seal

February 2 2010 at 7:39 AM
new2gun  (Login new2gun)
YC

I took the breech seal out today intending to replace it and was kind of surprised to find that it is not exactly an O ring but a cyclindrical ring made of material harder than those O rings I can get locally.

May I know whether it is possible to use the black O ring in the picture by stacking two pieces up ? If not where can I get a replacement seal that will fit the breech ?

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

RedFeather
(Login RedFeather)
YFOT

Have you tried GamoUSA?

February 2 2010, 7:47 AM 

Read the last reply to your previous post. It has all of the answers.

Did you call GamoUSA to see if they have replacements? That would be my first step were I in a remote place.

This message has been edited by RedFeather on Feb 2, 2010 7:48 AM

Respond to this message   

Lon
(Login bigbore)
YFOT

IIRC...

February 2 2010, 8:33 AM 

that used to be one of the VERY FEW parts they did sell.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ed
(Login kawzuk)
YC

CFX breech seal

February 2 2010, 10:25 AM 

When I've needed different size O rings than I had on hand I have cut out a section then glued the ends together with superglue.Stacking and glueing might work.Could get you by till you get the proper part.

Respond to this message   

RedFeather
(Login RedFeather)
YFOT

I don't know about that on the CFX

February 2 2010, 11:43 AM 

The large o-ring he needs is the one that seals the entire rotary breech. In this design, the breech acts like the face of the compression tube on a break barrel. The seal has to withstand the full force of the piston or air will blow out around the breech.

Respond to this message   

Rich. from Mich.
(Login peterdragin)
YF

Nothing wrong with breech

February 5 2010, 7:12 PM 

seal shown.

The problem with the CFX is that the little PLASTIC lever wears a groove on the back side and of course the quality control is not that great on Gamo's so evey one fits a little different. The plastic lever is what controls the slop NOT the seal.

The easy way to fix is pull the plastic lever and put some good epoxy one the back side and refit the lever to take up the slop and your problem is fixed.

I did make a brass leverĀ  for this but stopped making them a couple years ago.

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.