<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Info needed on Gamo rifle.

April 16 2012 at 2:52 PM

Mike  (Login GUNNER63755)
YF

I am looking at trading with a man for a minty Gamo 440 1992 Barcelona Olympic Special Edition. Are they a pretty good gun for a shooter, collector? Are they hard to find and what ballpark trade value would you give it? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I just don't know much about it besides it looks good. Seems that the guy I am talking with is a straight shooter. It will just be used for the collection and popping paper targets every now and then.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Lon
(Login bigbore)
YFOT

The 440 is a decent gun but...

April 17 2012, 2:01 AM 

Gamo collectable?

I would pay fair value for a 440 and not pay any addition premium for the collector aspect. Triggers are pretty bad and you will want to upgrade it.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

RedFeather
(Login RedFeather)
YFOT

The 440 is a good gun

April 17 2012, 7:32 PM 

Probably one of their best springers. Same as the Shadow 1000, 220 and 830. You can get an aftermarket trigger for about $30. Tuned, these guns are competitive with a Diana 34. As to the collectability, I would say it's not much. But, at least, you know you are getting one of the older guns and that's a good thing. Better build quality back then.

Respond to this message   
Nathan
(Login hnt5)
YFOT

Olympic model?

May 17 2012, 9:33 PM 

If it is a real one, and it could be (although I've never heard of one, but that doesn't mean they don't exist) it would have some collector value, simply because it's rare. Now how much $ does that translate into, anybodys guess. Something like that would probably find a buyer for it (if you wanted to sell it) at a airgun show where someone may want it for it's rarity. If it's a good deal and you want it, go for it.

Nathan

Respond to this message   
Ray
(Login supere6)
YF12

I needed a Gamo (ugh) in my collection and chose the

September 14 2012, 6:34 PM 

440 as it's almost all steel and wood. Once broken in and/or tuned it's a sweet gun with Steve's GTX trigger mod. I doubt there is much "collector" interest but a minty 440 will be worth around book. The 220 is the same gun but even plainer. Both will take a gas spring, if you want to go that way. The 890 is a fancier 440 with no open sights. These three are identical except for cosmetics.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Click The Banner To Visit sites.

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.