facebook Group

Link Directory

FACEBOOK

FORUM

CONTACT

Return to Index  

Re: Hilerich & Bradsby Bat Help

April 24 2017 at 8:41 PM
Steven KeyMan  (Premier Login keymancollectibles)
Owner

Response to Hilerich & Bradsby Bat Help

Hello Dave,

You can post the pictures to facebook. (info below)

I did a quick search for the bat and found one on ebay. I'm not sure if this is the same bat that you are referring to. I never seen this bat before.

The ebay seller has a partial list and I added to the list. Here are the names: Ted Williams, Johnny Pesky, Dick Siebert, Rudolph York, Joe McCarthy, Bill Dickey Vernon Stephens, Joe DiMaggio, Dominic DiMaggio Connie Mack, Robert Doer, Charlie Keller.

As far as I can see the only thing these players have in common is the All Star Game But the year is questionable. At first I thought it might have been a 1943 All Star Game Black bat but that bat reads "American League All Stars 1943" not "Champion American League Hitters" The 1943 All Star Game was hosted in Philadelphia, and that would make sense of Connie Mack's name being on the bat, and Joe McCarthy was the manager, but then you loose names like Ted Williams and Joe DiMaggio to the War.

The majority of the players were on the 1942 team but then you loose Dick Siebert, manager Joe McCarthy,and Connie Mack. 1946 is another possibility. I have to take another look.

Another possibility is after the American League won the 1942 All star Game a special event was held to raise money for the War effort. There are a limited number of names on the bat to be an All Star game bat.

Post the pictures to facebook and we'll see if we could find someone in the group that is in the know. -Steven KeyMan

KeyManCollectibles.com is now on Facebook! Come by, 'Like' this page and become a Fan. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Visit KeyMan Collectibles on Facebook by clicking the following Link:
http://www.facebook.com/KeyManCollectibles

You are also welcomed to join the KeyMan Collectibles Baseball Memorabilia Group. Post Questions and comments relating to Baseball Collectibles and Memorabilia. Interact with other collectors or show https://www.facebook.com/groups/396604447042593

Respond to this message   

Find information on Vintage Baseball collectibles Choose a category Below

ADVERTISING /AUTOGRAPHS / BALLS / BATS / BOBBLE HEADS / CARDS / EQUIPMENT / FIGURINES 
GAMES/TOYS / GLOVES/MITTS / HATS/HELMETS / PENNANTS / PHOTOS / ART / PINS/BUTTONS
PLATES / POSTERS/SIGNS / PUBLICATIONS / RECORDS / SGAs / TICKETS / MISCELLANEOUS