Goto Forum Home

Louis Vuitton Handbags

by

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 2:13 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Henry Nobles b. 1854

by

I am searching for the family of Henry Nobles. He was born in Woodsville, Jackson Co., Alabama
I would like his wife and children's names, dates, and his and his wife's death dates and where they are buried. This family is African American. Any help would be appreciated.

Linda Gass

Posted on Feb 16, 2012, 9:38 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re: Henry Nobles b. 1854

by

According to the AL Death and Burial Index for Dora Nobles who married David Harris her father was Henry Nobles and her mother was Margaret Stater.

Dora Nobles m. David Harris 27 Dec 1882 Jackson Co. AL
they are listed on the 1900 Jackson Co. Census
1900 Limrock Jackson Co. AL
David Harris July 1849 50 mar.17yrs
Dora P. wife Mar 1866 34 mar.17yrs 6children/6living

On the Death Index Dora's birth year is given as 1885 but this is wrong. She is listed as D. age 14 Dau on the 1880 Census for Henry.
She was buried at Blue Springs She died 11 May 1934 at Lin Rock.

I believe that Henry Nobles probably died ca 1884 as on the 1900 Census is the following listing.

1900 Limrock, Jackson Co. AL
Will Roberson Head Feb 1865 35 Mar.13yrs
Margaret Wife Aug 1849 50 Mar.13/29 10 children/6 Living
Roxie Dau Apr 1892 8
Henry Nobles Step-son Aug 1882 17

The 13 was no. of years she was married ot Will Roberson and 29 no. of years she was married to Henry Nobles.

Margaret's age on the 1880 census is off and Henry's age probably is too.

I have not been able to find them on the 1870 Census.

I went through the Blue Springs Cem. listing at jacksongenealogy-subscribe@yaoogroups.com but did not find a listing for any Nobles or Harris. There are many unmarked graves, graves with broken or unreadable stones or graves just marked with field stones. This cemetery is likely were the Nobles are buried.

Clay Gullatt
clay@gullatt.us or blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
Moderator jacksongenealogy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Posted on Mar 27, 2012, 11:43 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re: Henry Nobles b. 1854

by Anonymous

The 29 years is the number she would have been married to Henry Nobles if he had lived until 1900. Since Henry Jr b. Aug 1882 is their last child and she didn't remarry until 1887 Henry Nobles Sr. could have died anytime from 1881/2 to 1886.

Clay

Posted on Mar 27, 2012, 11:49 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Test, just a test

by

Posted on Feb 14, 2012, 9:43 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Test, just a test

by

Posted on Feb 11, 2012, 1:57 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Test, just a test

by

Posted on Feb 8, 2012, 6:25 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Burgess/ Ligon

by

Seeking marriage record or information for Richard A Burgess and Mary Moore(Polly) Ligon- about 1832. Also anyone know where they may be buried? He died around 1877, and she died in 1880 both in Jackson County, Al. Thanks, Cindy

Posted on Feb 5, 2012, 9:06 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re: Burgess/ Ligon

by

Found no listing for them on the jacksoncounty mega cem file at jacksongenealogy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Clay

Posted on Mar 27, 2012, 11:55 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Seeking burial of Joseph Parsons

by

Seeking burial place of joseph Parsons. He died in Fabias, Alabama in 1888, according to an old newspaper obituary. Is Fabias still a town? Any help appreciated.

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 5:59 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Byrd family info

by

I came across two sites from people who had contributed info on the Byrd Hill cemetery. Connie Haynes and Jane Nichols. Both email addresses that were listed are apparently not current. If anyone has current addresses for the folks or has info relating to below info, please drop me a line.

My name is James Byrd. It's a long story but I have been going on the assumption that my ggrandfather was James Colbert, married to Annie Young. James was the son of Mason and Nancy Colbert of Jackson co. They came to Texas circa 1878-80. My grandfather James Byrd (b.1886 in TX.) was a train robber here in Texas and identified both as James Colbert and James Byrd. Turns out Annie Colbert was his birth mother but James Colbert was his step-father( Annie's second marriage). Prison records which I just obtained show that his birth father was John Byrd (nativity Tenn.) who died in 1887 and according to that file was buried in Madison Tenn. I have been to Jackson co.once to look through records but wasn't entirely clear on what I was looking for. Eli, Nathaniel and John Byrd are all listed on plat maps in that area. I am wondering if you might have any info or may be able to point me in the direction of someone who might be knowledgeable of Byrd family history. The Colberts were mixed white/Chickasaw/Cherokee and I believe the Byrds I am looking for may have been mixed Cherokee heritage.Thank you for the work you have already done

Jim Byrd

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 11:59 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Looking for info about William Harvey Coffee(y)

by

Harvey was my great grandfather. Just trying to find all my ancestors. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Posted on Oct 12, 2011, 1:38 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re: Looking for info about William Harvey Coffee(y)

by

Do you have any dates, birth, marriage, death?

Clay Gullatt

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 4:28 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Gross Springs

by Don Yarbrough

I am trying to find out about a town(?) area called Gross Springs. I can find it on Jackson County Alabama maps as being off County Road 676 but when I follow this road it comes to a gated area with a sign saying "Walnut Spring Plantation" and I can go no further. The maps does not show that the road is blocked at this point and there is no county "Dead End" sign. Does anyone know about this area?

Posted on Oct 11, 2011, 1:05 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

found any info

by Amy Yarbrough

Don,

Did you ever find this information? Who were you searching for? I am currently looking for more information regarding John Price Hughes.

Amy Yarbrough

Posted on Aug 29, 2014, 8:29 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Carrie Mae Shelton

by

My grandmother's birth name was Carrie Mae Shelton...b, 08-28-1884 d, 10-10-1970. Married to Walter Gant. Does anyone know who her parrents were?

Posted on Oct 8, 2011, 8:56 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Parents of Carrie Mae Shelton Gant

by

I believe the parents are Clem C. and Mattie M. Shelton.

Cindy

Posted on Oct 10, 2011, 5:02 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re: Carrie Mae Shelton

by

Hi Cousin

Carrie Mae Shelton was the dau. of Clement C. and Flora S.(Ryan) Shelton. Clement C. Shelton m. Flora S. Ryan 16 Oct 1883 Jackson Co. AL.
Walter H. Gant m. Connie May Shelton 05 Apr 1908 (Note misspelling of Carrie Mae's given names).

1900 Pct 40 (all outside Scottsboro) Jackson Co. AL
Clem C. Shelton Head Aug 1859
Flora S. Wife Nov 1859
Carrie M. Dau Aug 1884
John H. Son May 1887
Sarah E. Dau Nov 1888
Harvey M. Son May 1890
Annie Dau Nov 1892
Almer(Alma) L. Dau 1893
Rufus C. Son Dec 1894
Emmer(Emma) Dau Mar 1997
Katie J. Dau Dec 1899

Flora S. died by 1903 and Clement remarried to Mrs. Mattie Ellis 31 May 1903.

Your 4th Greatgrandmother is my Greatgreataunt Elizabeth (Gullatt) Gant b. 1799 Truro Parish, Fairfax Co. VA d. 1864 Jackson Co. AL. She signed her will 27 Jan 1864 but it was not probated until 11 Mar 1873 by her dau-in-law (Sarah) Minerva (LNU) Gant who said Elizabeth died in 1864. Sarah Minerva (LNU) was widow of John Gant, Elizabeth's son.

Clay Gullatt
Mount Airy NC
Moderator jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com

Posted on Oct 15, 2011, 11:20 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

by

Carrie Mae was sister to my grandmother, Hattie Emma born 1898, died 1985. I remember Aunt Mae fondly. She would spend a week every summer with my grandmother along with Sarah Ellen (Aunt El). My grandmother married Gordon U. Hicks.

Posted on Oct 8, 2013, 11:08 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

by Anonymous

Posted on Oct 11, 2014, 5:08 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re Sarah Eliza browning Campbell gullatt

by

S. E. Is my gg gma. She md Thomas Gullatt after her 2nd husband (my gg gfthr James Campbell) died. She had a son, Joe D. Campbell (my g gfthr). Joe D md Nancy Brandon and their dau Virginia Maud was my perfect gmthr. There is a recent posting of Al Supreme Court Cases that shows that Joe's older siblings tried to disavow her marriage to Their father James M. Campbell ...he died about a year aft they married, undoubtedly to disallow her inheritance from Their father James who was ill and elderly when they wed. I would love to know more about her ..who her parents were, where she is buried, if she had any children with T Gullattt who would be Joe's half siblings. My gmthr said Joe's family were Proctor's, Cobb's and Hart's. But I have had no real luck in finding Cobb's or Hart's or exactly which of the Proctor'S BURIED NEXT TO Joe were his grandparents (sarah's parents). S.E is not buried near her son Joe, but several Proctor's are. Would anyone know her story? Thanks so much for this wonderful website.

Posted on Aug 26, 2011, 12:06 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re: Re Sarah Eliza browning Campbell gullatt

by

Thomas Jefferson Gullatt was my Ggrandfather James Madison Gullatt's twin brother. Sarah Elizabeth (Proctor) Browning Campbell Gullatt was the second of TJ's five wives.

Browning I think was her first husband's last name. I do know that she is not a daughter of Benjamin and Rebecca (West) Browning as some family trees have her listed, She was I think a dau of Thomas and Cynthia (Martin) Proctor from the 1850 and 1860 census. One family tree has her as Sarah Elizabeth Proctor m. Joseph Browning 1828-1855 mar. ca 1848 which I think is correct. Joseph Browning was a son of Benjamin and Rebecca (West) Browning.

Here she is on the 1860 census.

1860 Bellefonte, Jackson Co. AL
Cynthia Proctor 58 Farmer NC
Reuben 20 Farm Laborer AL
William 17 Farm Laborer AL
Thomas 15 Farm Laborer AL
Elizabeth Browning 28 AL
Caroline 11 AL
Jane 8 AL
Benjamin 5 AL

I have not been able to find her and Joseph Browning on the 1850 Census. I found no marrages for their 3 childre and they are not on the 1870 Census. They were not mentioned in the settlement of her estate so I think they died before the 1870 Census.

Sarah Elizabeth and Thomas J. Gullatt had 3 children, Charles "Charley" b. 1866 d.before 1888, John b.Mar 1867 and Julia Ann b. Mar 1870.

Charley was unmarried.
John mar. a cousin Elizabeth Thompson 11 Jan 1891 (Granddau of Samuel and Lucinda (Gullatt) Thompson
Julia Ann mar. William E. Womack 08 May 1884

I don't know where she is buried but most likely it is one of the cemeteries around Bellefonte/Hollywood. Hurt Cem, Old Baptist Cem or Gant Cem. There is no listing for her or Thomas J. on the Jackson Co. MegaCem File.

Clay Gullatt
Mount Airy NC

Posted on Oct 15, 2011, 7:13 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Hastings, flowers, Gold Winneiger Cemetery

by

Hi,

My great great grandparents were Steve (S.M.) Hasting(s) and Hannah Shankles Hasting(s). They, their daughter Peggy (Margaret), along with their son Joe and some of his family are buried at Gold Winneiger Cemetery. Last year and this year I've noticed that someone has been putting flowers on Steve and Hannah's grave the weekend of decoration. I would like to know who is leaving flowers so I can thank them and find out how we are related. Please contact me if you have any information.

Thank you,
Cathye Hendrix

Posted on Jun 18, 2011, 6:15 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re: Hastings, flowers, Gold Winneiger Cemetery

by Clay Gullatt

You might try posting at jacksongenealogy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to see anyone there can give you info.

Posted on Aug 2, 2011, 11:36 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Hastings

by

My great grandmother was Anna Hastings.She married William
Guffey. They are married in 1895 by an S.M. Hastings. I am not the one leaving the flowers but I think we may have a connection somewhere.

Posted on Sep 7, 2011, 9:57 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Stephen M Hastings

by Kathey Hastings Kopycinski

Stephen and Hannah were my great grandparents. Please contact me

Posted on Oct 15, 2011, 8:40 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Hastings/Shankles

by

I'm from the Robert J. Hastings and Mary E. Shankles side of the family and have some info. Robert and Stephen (brothers) both married twice and both times to Shankles but they weren't all sisters. The Hastinga and Shankles came out of Chavies, Deklab County, Al. Robert was a part of Capt. Gilbreath's Scouts, Spies and Guides (He fought for the Union in the Civil War).

Posted on Dec 9, 2011, 11:07 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Tank Place Union Prison near woodville

by

Has anyone heard of a Union prison camp near Woodville called Tank Place, it was later used by Union PB Church for meetings.. Was here is 1864. Would appreciate any info. thank You

Posted on Jun 16, 2011, 8:11 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Alabama Hotel, Stevenson, AL

by

I am seeking information and a photograph of the old Alabama Hotel in Stevenson, AL during the Civil War. I am working on a history of Co. I, 9th Alabama Infantry who stopped in Stevenson in June 1861, on their way to Richmond. Any help would be appreciated.

Ronald Pettus
Athens, AL

Posted on Jun 11, 2011, 5:58 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

cemetery help

by

I am looking for the name of a cemetery in Jackson County. The following are directions as given to me.
Take highway 72 toward Stevenson. Just before you get to Dry Creek turn left. (There was a house where two old maids lived (Rogers sisters) on the corner where you turn. Across the highway was a BBQ place that was possibly named Bud's BBQ. After you turned left off Highway 72, you went down that road to the cemetery.
I would appreciate any help you can give me as to the name of this cemetery.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011, 5:19 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re: cemetery help

by Clay Gullatt

Try posting this at jacksongenealogy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to see if anyone recognizes it.

Clay Gullatt
jacksongenealogy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Posted on Aug 4, 2011, 8:41 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

cemetery help

by

I think the cemetery maybe named Cross I looked in a book I have. there are two cemeteries close by named Cross one is on county road 146 the road that goes to cedar switch. The other showed to be where you are talking about. there is no real road to it just a field road I think. Bud's BBQ is now Aunt Bea's

Posted on Apr 18, 2012, 9:46 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Callie Hart / Prewitt

by

Looking for ANY information, good or bad, on Callie Hart, Lena Hart or Tom Hart.

Know Callie Hart married Joseph E. Prewitt about 1897 in Larkinsville, Alabama.
Thank you very much for any idea of this family.
Sandra

Posted on May 30, 2011, 1:32 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re: Callie Hart / Prewitt

by Clay Gullatt

1900 Dist. 2 Larkinsville, Jackson Co. AL
Joseph E. Pruit Head Feb 1850 50 mar.3yrs AL NC NC
Callie Wife Mar 1851 49 mar.3yrs 7children/3living AL AL AL
Andrew J. Pruit Son Oct 1887 12
John L. Pruit Son July 1892 7
Wm T. Hart Son Feb 1884 16 AL AL AL
Albert J. Hart Son Sept 1889 10 AL AL AL

Callie Hart m. E. J. Prewett 03 Jan 1897 Jackson Co. AL JOP H. C. Higgins, Jordan Dodd Lahonia Research

Callie Prewett b. 1850 AL d. 20 Mar 1915 Jackson Co. AL
Burial Beat 21 Jackson Co. AL

1910 Larkinsville, Jackson Co. AL
Enough(Enoch?) J. Pruett Head 60 mar.twice 13yrs
Callie Wife 61 mar.3times 5Children/2Living
Tom Hart Stepson 27 (William T.?)
Sallie 16 Hart Stepdau
William J.Hart 12 Stepson
Mary R. Hart 7 Stepdau
John L. Pruitt 17 Son

I don't know who the additional three step children are, they are listed as Harts.

There are 1910/1920/1930 Census records for Albert Hart, Albert H. Hart and WW1 Draft Cart for Albert Henry Hart b. 15 Sept 1889 Jackson Co. AL who is I believe the same as the Albert J. Hart on the 1900 Census. He married Lucy J. White abt 1913.

Clay Gullatt

Posted on Aug 4, 2011, 8:39 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re: Callie Hart/Prewitt

by

Mr. Clay Gullatt: Thank you for you reply!

Posted on Aug 4, 2011, 1:45 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Aug 4, 2011 reply/Callie Hart-Prewitt

by

Mr. Gullatt:
Your reply stated Callie Hart/Pruit had been married
3 times, have not found any records. Could you tell
me where to look for this info?
Thank you very much.
Sandra

Posted on Sep 7, 2011, 10:30 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Raburns in Jackson County

by

I am looking for any information for Sarah Jane Raburn and Fannie E. Raburn who are shown living in Jackson Co., Al. in 1880.

Posted on May 16, 2011, 4:45 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Sarah Lockey Robertson

by

My great-great-grandmother Sarah Lockey Robertson was born in Jackson County, AL on 24 July, 1864. She married Andy Prince and moved to Rockwall and Hunt Counties, Texas. I'm looking for her parents. I've heard that they were James W. Robertson and Henrietta Rice, but I cannot find proof. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks! Lisa Brooke

Posted on May 11, 2011, 3:52 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Re: Sarah Lockey Robertson

by Clay Gullatt

Andrew A. Prince m. Sarah L. Robertson 02 Jan 1879 Jackson Co. AL
MOG H. H. Horton, Jordan Dodd Liahona Research

1870 Collins (Big Coon PO) Jackson Co. AL
Jas. W. Robertson 60 Farmer SC
Henrietta C. 49 TN
Sarah L. N. 5 AL

1880 Beat 18 Dist 96 (Township 6 Range 3 & 4) Jackson Co. AL
House 55
James W. Robertson 74 Self Farmer SC SC SC
Henettar C. 49 Wife Keeping House TN TN AL
Mary G. Dodson 6 Kept Through Char. AL AL AL
John R. Rice 80 Unemployed TN TN TN

House 58
Andrew J. Prince 18 Self Farmer ALGA TN
Sarah W.? Wife 16 Keeping House AL SC TN
Eliza Jane 1month(25days) b. May 1880 Dau AL AL AL

Clay Gullatt

Posted on Aug 4, 2011, 9:20 AM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement