I am retired! ----------------more about the catalog (s)

by

Bob has done an outstanding job of showing one of many catalogs that Albert Wajs has shared with us. Not only did they design a large number of sport watches, many with serious water resistance capability but also many different designs. In addition they were light years
ahead of the their competitors in marketing and layout
and excecution of their catalogs. The reason I have
not reproduced my catalogs is that the array is
DIZZYING and often makes for confusion - in a addition
many models were not made in large numbers and people
often confuse one with the other ( I get a lot of email like that!) Lastly the prices are deceiving
since they are 60's price and remember what a 5513 cost then or a GMT? a fraction of today's cost. Ollech and Wajs have left behind a legacy whether some MWRines like it or not - they produced watches at at time for people that were affordable, innovative and most often very sporty. And they were in stock not back -ordered for guys in Nam in the PX or by mail they were the first serious watch mail order catalog
in the world. Today we collect these pieces and use them. The new ones made continue to fulfill the concept Mr's Ollech and Wajs had at the inception of their company - build affordable, durable and attractive watches that people can be proud to wear
and that can take the rigors and shocks of daily life
I think since Mr Ollech's passing Mr Wajs has done a superb job of that.

Posted on Sep 19, 2001, 10:39 PM
from IP address 216.249.75.47

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
The Military Watch Resource