Not sure what they are going for now (much more)

by Bob

Hiya,

At one time I was seeing Adanacs go as high as $250, and many for around $225. Rarely did I see them for any less than $200. You may find some hovering around the $200 mark these days, or even a bit less.

This is just a hunch, but I think you might blame part of the reason for the price drop on MWR.

Prior to MWR, I used to look high and low for both Marathon and Adanac steel cased Navigators. I personally bought 4 or 5 of them in the early days of MWR. I rarely saw more than one or two on eBay at any given time, and sometimes there were lapses of several weeks when I didn't see any.

Then the steel cased Navigator was made available on MWR. The steel cased Navigator was made available to just about anyone who wanted one and since they bear so much resemblance and share so much provenance with the early Marathons and Adanacs, folks probably got their fill. A lot of people took advantage of the ready supply and bought one or two.

My prediction is that prices will start to rise again when I run out of steel cased Navigators to sell and people start to realize they can't just buy one when they feel like it.

Best Regards,

Bob

Posted on Jan 1, 2002, 8:09 AM
from IP address 4.35.216.87

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
The Military Watch Resource