Back to Cat Pregnancy Report - the web site

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Can you feel kittens Kick

April 17 2006 at 11:04 AM
msrainbow  (Login Msrainbow)

you know how people feel their unborn babies move and kick inside, can you feel this in cats too, or do cats feel their unborn kittens kicking and moving?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Marc de Jong
(Login marcdejong)
Forum Owner

Re: Can you feel kittens Kick

April 17 2006, 12:49 PM 

Yes, it is possible for people to feel the unborn kittens move and kick, although not with every pregnancy. And as people can feel it, it's very likely the mother will feel it too.

Hope this helps!

This message has been edited by marcdejong on Apr 17, 2006 12:49 PM

Respond to this message   
venesa
(no login)

April 19 2006, 12:01 PM 

How far along in the pregnancy before you can feel them kick?

Respond to this message   
Marc de Jong
(Login marcdejong)
Forum Owner

April 20 2006, 6:53 AM 

Let's say you can feel them after six weeks or so. There's no rule really. Sometimes sooner is possible, sometimes it takes a little longer, sometimes you never feel anything.

Hope this helps!

Marc.

Respond to this message   
chyle
(Login chyle)

I felt the kittens move this morning!

July 23 2006, 1:21 PM 

I've been fostering an adorable tortie stray for a few weeks with every intention of taking her to our local shelter(an outstanding no-kill facility)when she'd had been socialized a bit more. She's very small & sturdy and I wondered if she might be pregnant or had just been a very effective mooch with my other neighbors.

When rubbing her belly a couple weeks ago, I had my worst fears confirmed when I realized how "solid" her sides have become and how distended her nipples are. From a past litter with one of my older cats, I thought I remembered that those symptoms became evident about halfway through the pregnancy, so I figured delivery for the third week of August.

But she's already "nesting" (she's claimed the Roman tub in the master bath as hers...to the point of knocking towels off the shelves and dragging them into the tub) This made me suspect I may have miscalculated. This morning during a grooming session, I felt two kittens move!!!! I'm so excited, but a bit panicy to realize she may be due much earlier than I thought. One of the kittens, showed a lot of activity and good strong movements. I'm thrilled...just getting nervous.

Does that sound like six weeks or further along than that?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on CatsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Need expert information? Here are some recommended resources:

How To Take Care Of Your Pregnant Cat - The instantly downloadable guide that keeps your pregnant cat safe and healthy, and shows you how to raise happy, healthy kittens!

Cat Health Secrets - How to have happy, healthy, long-living cats... without spending a penny on vets, medicines or special foods!

Veterinary Secrets Revealed - Veterinary Doctor reveals simple secrets to safeguard your cat's health, slash vet bills, and even save your pet's life!