going on a job interview...November 8 2010 at 6:58 AM
|Sandy in MI (Login SandyinMI)|
The Frugalista Files
I haven't worked since 2002, before ds was born. I was laid off from my job, along with 2/3 of the company in a grand restructuring effort. I have an interview at 11:45 with the school system to see if I would be a good fit for their 2 hour per day "lunch lady" opening. My son would be in school during that time, and there are only a few days where this school and his would have different days off, so it would be a good fit for me.
The human resources person called me this morning to chat and get to know me and she told me that in a two day period she received about 60 applications for the position. Jobs are very hard to come by in my area, so that isn't really a surprise. I guess what is more of a surprise to me is that with that many applications she even called me at all as I'm sure some of those must have food-related experience. My last food-related job was when I was 16, and that was, er..., a few years ago. Anyway, if I don't get it, this will still be a good experience with applying and interviewing. Considering returning to work is scary for me, so I appreciate any good thoughts you send my way!
- Good Luck!!! - mj on Nov 8, 2010, 7:02 AM
- Good luck! - Maxine on Nov 8, 2010, 7:40 AM
- Good luck! - Tnetter on Nov 8, 2010, 10:00 AM
- I think it went well - Sandy in MI on Nov 8, 2010, 1:10 PM
- I'm sure you did great! - Tammy L on Nov 8, 2010, 3:08 PM
- I was unemployed for nearly 16 years... - KarenPA on Nov 9, 2010, 4:44 AM