Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

Placed an offer on a house....

April 14 2011 at 5:20 AM

sheila  (Login SheilaPCT)
The Frugalista Files

The day before yesterday I went to do a drive by on a house in my old town. I'd love to get back there but it is usually so much more $$$ than where I am now... but this new one popped up on my search and I had to go see it... I drove by and it looked great. I called my realtor right away and we made an apt to go see it yesterday. It is awesome! It is priced well below market value by a good $20-30K.... all it needs is interior paint and a fridge.... plus when I want to- finish the lower level (it's a raised ranch). It's exactly what I was looking for! I saw it yesterday and placed an offer.... The only problem is there is another person interested who is going back for a second look today..... that has me a little worried. I offered $12K beleow asking price and now am wondering if I should have gone higher but I am close to my maximum price and wanted a little wiggle room so I could counter if she counters me.

This one was just listed last week, it's owned by an older lady- a wodow who is moving south.

Please send pos vibes and prayers my way, this is a great place and it would be so awesome for me and the kids.... I looked at some others (and am already really familiar with that market) and nothing comes anywhere close to this place, in my price range...

Respond to this message   
Responses